snowboard bag question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 02:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
raoul

Default snowboard bag question

I was really into buying the dakine low roller bag, but the thing is that my board doesnt fit in it with the bindings on.
The width of the bag is not enough to accomodate the bindings when they are folded in.
Its a Burton Custom board 156 with Cartel bindings.
Do I have to tke of the bindings every time I put it into the bag?
Whats the secret?
The bag is 31" wide.
I tried the High roller which is 34" wide and it can close with the bindings on but it is pushing the bag to the limit - How do you guys travel with your board in the bag?

I am looking for a good wheelie bag that will be just right in length and in width.
Im guessing 157-160 long, by 35-36" wide would be perfect, but not sure there is such a thing.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 03:14 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Burton wheelie bag is a 166cm model, my board is a 158. board fits fine with the bindings folded down.

Does your board not fit at all as in, you cant close the zipper with the bindings folded down? if so then that sucks! The only real workaround would be to angle your bindings forward when you pack it up. Which is more effort than you should need to go to.
Reede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm not too sure I understand this. You've talked about the length and the width, but how deep it the bag? You only need about 12" to fit a board and bindings (when folded) and this will even give you room for other stuff. Can you post a pic of the issue because I can't picture this

Edit: I just looked it up. The low roller is just that, a "low" profile bag. At only 6" deep, you need to take the bindings off otherwise it'll be a very, very tight fit.

Last edited by DC5R; 10-01-2009 at 09:47 AM.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

this is the bag that i have at it actually fits a bunch. Spot for you boots on the side, board with bindings on and folded down, shoes inside the bag, extra clothes, etc. Maybe you just not packing it right?
Old 10-01-2009, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

i know how a lot of people here feel about burton...

but i have a burton gig 156...and i can fit my 154 with bindings on+a pair of boots+jacket+pants+helmet and smaller things like gloves, tools, socks, wax etc...

good padding and been using it for the whole season (i travel alot)...its durable enough id say

tho id recommend the gig roller if u can find it cheap...carrying the bag around is no easy feat
________
condo for sale in Pattaya

Last edited by w3iiipu; 08-21-2011 at 08:31 AM.
w3iiipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I have the Ogio Caddy and love it. This bag has two extension zippers so the board bag goes from 160cm all the way up to 195cm when you need that extra bit of room. It is great to have because when I just go to my local hill it carries everything for the day without needing to extend the zippers. When I need more space when I go on a trip, I just unzip them and my bag is HUGE and can fit everything I need for a multi day trip.

Plus I got it brand new on ebay for $20 (msrp $100). Can't beat it.

Here is a link so you can take a look: Save on Ogio Caddy Snowboard Bag Splatter Paint Snowboards Snowboarding Bags Gear Equipment

I am sure you can find it cheaper if you search the internets. I liked this bag so much I bought my gf one as well. It easily fits multiple boards as well.
Glade Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I second the Ogio recommendation, I use the Agent myself and I love it. super durable and has pockets for everything you could want to bring with you. I've even had 2 boards with bindings my Flag 168 and my girls packed in the bag and had no issues. I almost bought the Dakine HighRoller but the Ogio was just a better overall bag. I felt the materials were more durable and it had more room to put things. I have no issue with Dakine, in fact just about every other gear bag I hav is Dakine but for travel I went with the Ogio.
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution View Post
I second the Ogio recommendation, I use the Agent myself and I love it. super durable and has pockets for everything you could want to bring with you. I've even had 2 boards with bindings my Flag 168 and my girls packed in the bag and had no issues. I almost bought the Dakine HighRoller but the Ogio was just a better overall bag. I felt the materials were more durable and it had more room to put things. I have no issue with Dakine, in fact just about every other gear bag I hav is Dakine but for travel I went with the Ogio.
My buddy has the Ogio Agent too and loves it. Seems like a real solid bag, and I picked up an Ogio luggage bag because I've only heard wicked things about the brand
Old 10-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

FWIW, my experiences with Ogio have been less stellar. My review of the Caddy is below. My company also gave our staff Ogio wheeled carry-ons one year, and the collapsible handle on mine refused to collapse after the first use.

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/equ...dy-review.html
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
whoopwhoop

Definitly get a sturdy roller bag, one big enough to pack all your softgoods into (cheap insurance against carless baggage handlers) I used a DC soft carry bag for about one season and four flights. Now, the shoulder strap is gone from what I can only assume was airport personel and both zippers are broken. The zippers I chalked up to the TSA, I packed that bag so full and once they did their inspection Im sure they did whatever they had to to get it closed again, fvckers