Bataleon ET TBT vs. Omatic Wigglestick BST - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 05:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bataleon ET TBT vs. Omatic Wigglestick BST

Hi im new to this Forum, but im reading and looking into here for a long time.

But now i have to open a thread, because im going to buy a board of the brands i mentioned in the title.

My Stats:

Height: 6.2 feet / 189 cm
Weight: 182 pounds / 83 kg
Boot Size: 11.5 / 44,5-45

My Questin to U:

Need a Board for buttering around and hitting some kickers wont be that much on rails but will do some boxes.. almost like to go in powder so mainly i need a freestyle board that can handle the hole mountain. im riding for 8 years and im not a pro but im pretty good.

So which board would u say is the better choice.. both sound great but i have no clue which one.

give me some advice or maybe one of u guys rode both or one of them. Dont want other Brands than Omatic and Bataleon but if u say this or this board is better, tell me.

Im for sure not the only person whos interested in this title, so please help us out

Thanks
hircus1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I personally feel the Bataleon tech is superior to the Omatic tech..... I own a Bataleon personally, and Omatic was a company I looked at as well.

Grab the Bataleon imo
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I recommend reading this to help you get a better idea The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Battle of the Base Technologies: TBT vs BST
Old 10-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
760tero

Hi there Sir I've ridden both the TBT and the BS tech and I can tell you the main difference I felt was that the Bataleon did not have as much pop as the Omatic. As far as being a user friendly product they're both about the same but if you've been riding for 8 years than you most likely need a board with some snap. It actually sounds like based on your riding preference a traditional camber board would probably suit you just fine. I would suggest the Omatic Sweet board for what you're needs describe. If price matters then you will for sure want to go with an Omatic.

smiles and happy shredding!!!!!

Last edited by 760tero; 10-01-2009 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

bataleon is traditional camber

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
760tero

I should have clarified that by traditional camber I meant a board that doesn't incorporate any base technology or other wise just a traditional built snowboard with edges, sidewalls, wood, camber sidecut the usual no triple base, flat base or bowed surface.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have not ridden the new Omatics but by looking at the design, edge hold is what scared me.

I am the very opposite of flexible first off.... So to me the Omatics would take a bit more movement to get up on an edge. That was the single biggest reason why I steered away from Omatic and went with Bataleon. Bataleons edges as a whole are much more like a "normal" cambered board which I personally desire.

So if your flexible, and getting that extra movement to get up on an edge doesn't bother you, Omatic may be the route.... I would recommend demoing both boards. Unfortunately I don't have a clue who has Bataleons available for demo.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

TBT. BS seems way too geared towards jibbing.

Side note: I wish Bataleon would do Zero cam. I would buy at first site.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
von

Why not a Fun Kink or a Goliath. You can definitely butter a fun kink. Goliath was my first choice but they stopped making 149s this year and I cant find last years 149. Dilemma was ended happily with an ET.
von is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:28 AM   #10 (permalink)

first of all thanks for all the replies..

i read lots of stuff about both boards: shayboarder, angrysnowboarder, and many snowboardcommunities.. and i know that bataleon is normal camber..

let me tell u about my history i was thinking at first of k2 snowboards.. jibpan an www rocker.

But the more i read about banana, reversecamber etc. i heard about bataleon.. the more i read about bataleon the more i heard about omatic wigglestick.

I want a fun forgiving board du fool around down the hill but i also want a board that can handle powder and jumps.. park isnt that important.. because im with some skiers and boarders that wont hit the park once. so i wont be in parks too much.

the omatic sounds pretty fun to me.. rocker and kind of tbt concarve/bowled surface so buttering and powder should work well with this board, hope that the edge hold is also great.. but im not much in icy mountains. Bataleon.. now im thinking about the goliath it sounds like fun too but im not sure about powdering and its maybe to stiff..

with shoesize 11.5 both boards should work in 157..?!

760tero u have ridden both.. cant u just make a short review?

price doesnt matter.. im gonna pay for each the same price.

and i cant demo the boards
hircus1984 is offline   Reply With Quote