So I'm buying a new board... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default So I'm buying a new board...

Hey, so I'm heavily debating between two boards. Either the Neversummer Titan or the Premier F1-R. Here's the thing. I have large feet. I currently wear Size 12 boots. If I can manage to fit on the Premier, I'll most likely go for that. However, I'm pretty sure that I'll only fit on a wide Titan.

I'm changing my entire setup this year, so I'll be getting new boots, and new bindings. I was looking at a pair of Burton Ions, and Burton Co2 bindings to compliment either board.

Also, which length should I go with? I'll be freeriding, I stay clear away from parks, hate 'em.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Thanks!

Last edited by Prophecies; 10-01-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Prophecies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

judging form your feet size the titan is the way to go. also to figure out your board size you need to tell us your weight
gotamahuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Gosh, total brain fart. Can't believe I forgot to put in my weight and height... I'm in between 5'10" and 5'11". I weigh around 150 lbs.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Heritage XR, Titan TX, or the Legacy R. They're all wide boards.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yes I am aware. But it's like I said, I was debating between the Premier F1-R and the Titan TX. Now all I'm wondering is which size to take....I was thinking along the lines of a 161.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #6 (permalink)

man that's tough. with size 12 feet and weighing only at 150lb id say go for a 156cm-157cm board but they don't got those in wide. so ya if u do go wide u have to get a 161cm which is HUGE lol. i mean you could see if your boot goes over the board alot on a premier 157cm
gotamahuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm not sure he would even need a wide with size 12's.... I think it would depend on the binding height.

BUT if you do get something that's not a wide, you could get the Ride NRc bindings. They are elevated higher then any other binding that I know of and you can adjust the baseplate heights.

As far as the board goes, It's really a toss up.... I was gonna grab a Revolver personally but went with a Bataleon board.

Props on wanting to grab a NS though! Either way your gonna be golden
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

I Agree. At 150 pounds 161 is huge. I weigh in at 190 and ride 157/159 wide twins (I prefer shorter boards). Now the Burton Ions are a great choice. I'm on my fourth pair. Watch out for sizing when buying. Ions tend to run slightly smaller than some other boots. Also , each new pair feels SuperTight when new but pack out through body heat and fit like a glove after 5 days or so (you can wear them around the house). I prefer not to have them heat molded at the shop (finished product feels better to me). If they feel like they fit at the store... they will probably pack out too much. I would also ask where you ride the most ,and your preferred terrain/style.
Breckenridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I recommend landing somewhere around 157..

My girl is 5'10" 135lbs and she rocks a 155 and a 157
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thank you for the input guys! I've been riding a normal (non-wide) board for a while now. Size is 159. I honestly don't find it that long at all. Will 2 cm really make that much of a difference? As for the wideness, I must say I am truly borderline. I'd have to take a picture and show you my current setup. My toes do go over the edge... but I've only noticed toe drag when leaning WAYY over, and even then it wasn't all that bad. I thought I'd give a wide a try, but this is exactly what I am worried about. I don't want to dish out 600$ into a board when I'm not sure if it will fit me or not. If non-wides fit me, I'll go for a premier. If I need a wide, I am definitely going for a Titan TX.

As for where I ride, I ride at Mt. Tremblant, Mt. St-Anne, pretty big mountains in the Quebec Region. I like bombing down runs and doing massive carving. I ride on groomer, sometimes powder, and VERY occasionally in thin tree lines. That is what I love doing, which is why I want a nice stiff board.

Last edited by Prophecies; 10-01-2009 at 07:12 PM.