2 Questions on NS Legacy-R - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
NH Rider

Default 2 Questions on NS Legacy-R

I'm looking at buying a Never Summer Legacy-R. I found the 2009 model for $375 (as opposed to $500 for 2010). As far as I can tell the technology hasn't changed one bit. Any thoughts?

Second question is 159 or 161? I'm 6'3-4" and weigh around 190 lbs with size 12 boots. I've been riding a 159 burton bullet for a few years and it does seem a bit short, but I'm not sure how much of a difference in ride I'll see bumping it up a couple of cm's. I'm more of an all-mountain rider. I love the deep stuff, but living on the east coast doesn't give me too much of it. I'll also hit the park for around 20% of my day. Also, when conditions are right, I live in the trees. I do make a couple of trips out west every year as well. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

you being 190lbs go for the 161
gotamahuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

Pretty sure the board your talking about is regular camber. All the 2009 Legacys that have the RC tech sold out a long time ago. I could be wrong tho, I would def double check either way.
conwayeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
whoopwhoop

I have a 2009 Leg R. Im 6'2" tall and I weigh 175. I got the 161 but I almost went 163. You may want to consider that. As far as the model year of the older one your looking at, if the top deck looks very similar to the 2010 and the bottom it bright blue with black NS initials then its a 2009. Actually, now that I think about it I dont think they made the Legacy R before last year.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
whoopwhoop

I forgot to add, as far as performance that board rocks the house. I ride mine all over the mountain. Mostly high speed sweepers (which it excells at) a little park and pipe amd the fact that it is a bit of a wide board makes it float real nice in powpow.