Bataleon Evil Twin vs Riot vs The Jam - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
dbo43867

Default Bataleon Evil Twin vs Riot vs The Jam

I am looking for a new board. I live on the east coast (Ice), I've been riding for ~four seasons. I've had a K2 Fuse and a Ride Dose. I plan on using this board generally at the park with my friends and then going up to maine about once a season. I am debating between the Bataleon Evil Twin, Riot, and The Jam. I haven't done too much terrain before but I always do a little. I want to focus on it more this year while still having a board be pleasant all mountain. The Evil Twin seems like it would be the easiest for me in the terrain park, but it is slower and flexier for all mountain. The Riot seems like a good choice, fast and stiff, but maybe too challenging in the park? The DOse is in between the ET and Riot from what I've heard. The Jam would be a a good safe choice for me but I'd rather have a more terrain oriented board. I am 6' 4" 225lbs, so I know the 159cm is pushing it for me... I want to know if it is too much? My dose is 156 right now it's kind of ridiculous. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2009, 10:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

So wait, what part of the mountain do you want this new stick to kill?
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
dbo43867

Mostly park, but it needs to be decent on the mountain. A few runs and the terrain park usually, and then once in a while I'll do more runs like when I'm in Maine.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd say go with the ET. Softest of the boards listed for your park runs, but still able to take it almost everywhere else.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Have you looked at the Goliath or Omni then?

I would rule the stiffer boards out if you're aiming for park mostly.... The Goliath and Omni are Bataleons "do it all" sticks. I personally ride The Jam and it's fairly stiff.

What's your body size? If your a little guy a Fun Kink may even suite you well.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
dbo43867

I'm 6' 4" 225 as I mentioned above, haha. The Omni seems too narrow for me unless they have a wide version that I didn't see? Shoe size 14, but Burton smaller boots. So size 13 effectively. Goliath seems a little soft for me, if I went for all mountain I'd go Jab! I'm not sure the Evil Twin is stiff enough to handle some of the trails I do, I do White heat(steeep!) and woods in Sunday River sometimes. Why would you suggest I not go stiffer in park? Just curious.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
von

Omni or Goliath would good for you but liek mentioned big feet so I say Golaith. ET will excel in park w/o doubt and can handle all park conditions w/ ease. Goliath would be more all mtn orientated also its not a direct twin like the ET and Riot but it too will conquer the park but slay more mtn than the ET. I have ET but wanted Goliath but Im a small guy and they dont make 149s this year....
I dont think the Goliath would be too soft but maybe at 200+ it could be in that case Riot may be better as it is a souped up Riot
von is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
dbo43867

Hmm. I'm thing Evil Twin because the resorts I ride normally don't have much in the way of trails... And the ET seems like with the right bindings it will handle the mountain fine. My concerns with the Riot are it will be too stiff for rails and boxes, and in all honestly the ET looks cooler. Plus this year the ET base is faster. I'm leaning towards that, otherwise probably Goliath. Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 10-02-2009, 06:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

The Riot has a "faster" base than the ET, or you mean its faster than last years ET? Yeah the thing with the Riot is that it's a pretty stiff board, I haven't got an issue with it on rails but I also don't ride them that much, if I start riding them more I'm gonna get myself a little jib stick too. For everything else it's great!
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbo43867 View Post
I'm 6' 4" 225 as I mentioned above, haha.
My bad I musta glanced over that.

Fun Kink would def be a noodle for ya.... I think your right on with the ET if your dead set on getting one of the 3 you've chosen.