Big Foot board, Small Rider!!!! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 12:00 AM   #1 (permalink)
lukem5

Default Big Foot board, Small Rider!!!!

Well, I have the unusual condition of tending to be rather tall, skinny, lightweight, and very big feet (size 13 to be exact). I have looked at many wide boards from various venders such as burton and rome, but I have never, and I mean never found a board that is for wide footed riders that isn't size 156 CM or more. I only weigh like 135 pounds, and the weight requirements of the big wide footed boards are out of my range. It's almost like the board companies expect riders with big feet to be big as well! But not all of them are, like me. I also don't want a big mountain board or anything, I want more of a freestyle/freeride board, something that will perform good in the park as well.

It seems almost impossible to find a small (148-152) board for small riders with big feet. Do any of you have any suggestions and/or boards that would fit my rare but serious snowboarding disability?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2007, 02:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
johan

how about k2 afterblack 154 (waist width of 259mm)? maybe burton king 153?
Old 11-15-2007, 08:28 AM   #3 (permalink)

As the 13's your FOOT size or BOOT size? I'll also probably be shot down in flames for this, but how tall are you as well?
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You could get away with a Rome Manual in a 154 but you are on the lighter side of their flex scale...you could take a look at the Nitro MFM 152wide
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
lukem5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic
As the 13's your FOOT size or BOOT size? I'll also probably be shot down in flames for this, but how tall are you as well?

To tell you the truth, sometimes my boot size is larger than my shoe size, sometimes its smaller, some boots are bit, some boots are smaller.

That leads me on to anotheruqestion, which boot is the overall non bulkiest? Or will decrease my overall foot size of a snowboard? I have noticed some boots add on an extra inch off the boardm, while other fit on fine, and they will both fit me fine, any suggestions?
Old 11-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
iNSANiA

I got the most hilarious visual image from reading your post haha.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fergeson

I have a suggestion go to GNC or your local nutrition store and buy some protein powder, Work out in your schools wieght room. I suggest Isopure Dutch Chocolat its delishes. Make yourself some protien shakes. AND GET BIIIGGGGG, ARGGH