08 burton custom X vs 09 t6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
jcryu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default 08 burton custom X vs 09 t6

I currently ride an 08 custom x (156). All I do is free ride - no parks at all. I've been ridding for about 15 yrs now. I ride backcountry, powder, groomed runs and focus on speed in general. I like how my current board rides, however, I feel like it is not stiff enough and I get some chatter at high speeds. It carves good, but my old Burton Balance held an edge better.

I was wondering if anyone had any input in regards to the 09 Burton T6 (I would get the 159) compared to my board. If I was to get this board would it be a significant difference from my current board? I do not want to buy the t6 if its pretty similar in regards to performance.

Thanks for the help.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
RidePowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,266
Default

you could ask us for re commendations beyond the scope of Burton products too. In which case id advise a Bataleon Enemy, or Undisputed. Arbor A-Frame. Never Summer Heritage.

But since your all about Burton... dude get the Custom... 1t 4r3 s0 HOTTTT!!!! with some of those awesome mission bindings... and reverse camber that mother because reverse camber will make you such a better rider!!
__________________
Ze Blog: I'd Rather be Riding
Tweet me you Twits: QuestforPow
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
jcryu
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Burton is great, but i'm not alllll about burton. I am also looking at Lib Tech's, Never Summer and K2.

Instead of posting a thread listing out 10 different boards people would recommend I would rather narrow down my choices one by one.

Why would I buy a custom if I already have a custom?

Congrats on the 3,792.45 credits on this forum! You must have a great life to be able to sit on a snowboarding forum everyday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
RidePowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,266
Default

I post on average 3x a day. not to bad, enough time left over to work, go to college, drink, run a snowboard club, and do everything else I enjoy. this is a fun community and Im glad to be a part of it.

I own a Bataleon Enemy, that would be my first choice btw. amazing board if you like em stiff
__________________
Ze Blog: I'd Rather be Riding
Tweet me you Twits: QuestforPow
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
legallyillegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: fuck Snowboarding
Posts: 4,475
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcryu View Post
Burton is great, but i'm not alllll about burton. I am also looking at Lib Tech's, Never Summer and K2.

Instead of posting a thread listing out 10 different boards people would recommend I would rather narrow down my choices one by one.

Why would I buy a custom if I already have a custom?

Congrats on the 3,792.45 credits on this forum! You must have a great life to be able to sit on a snowboarding forum everyday.
congrats on your 2nd post mr observant
__________________
THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidePowder View Post
you could ask us for re commendations beyond the scope of Burton products too. In which case id advise a Bataleon Enemy, or Undisputed. Arbor A-Frame. Never Summer Heritage.

But since your all about Burton... dude get the Custom... 1t 4r3 s0 HOTTTT!!!! with some of those awesome mission bindings... and reverse camber that mother because reverse camber will make you such a better rider!!
Take a deep breath. Count to 3 and relax. You're starting to sound like a broken record harping on new posters who ask about Burton. You make good suggestions but I'm afraid the advice gets lost in the attitude you spew out.
boardaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
RidePowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,266
Default

sorry new posters kinda sound like broken records with Burton this and Burton that... this isnt the sierra chat..
__________________
Ze Blog: I'd Rather be Riding
Tweet me you Twits: QuestforPow
RidePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidePowder View Post
sorry new posters kinda sound like broken records with Burton this and Burton that... this isnt the sierra chat..
Haha. I was going to say if you want to blame somebody blame sierra.
boardaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
robbied
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcryu View Post
I currently ride an 08 custom x (156). All I do is free ride - no parks at all. I've been ridding for about 15 yrs now. I ride backcountry, powder, groomed runs and focus on speed in general. I like how my current board rides, however, I feel like it is not stiff enough and I get some chatter at high speeds. It carves good, but my old Burton Balance held an edge better.

I was wondering if anyone had any input in regards to the 09 Burton T6 (I would get the 159) compared to my board. If I was to get this board would it be a significant difference from my current board? I do not want to buy the t6 if its pretty similar in regards to performance.

Thanks for the help.
Here are a few choices.

From experience I would highly recommend Never Summer. Their boards are a little heavier but have awesome durability and dampening.

-Never Summer Titan, stiff free-ride/big-mountain board (comes in a wide too).
-Never Summer Summit, stiff free-ride/big-mountain board with a powder shape (doesn't come in a wide).
-Never Summer Premier F1, stiff free-ride/big-mountain board with rocker and camber (doesn't come in a wide)

-GNU Billy Goat 162 if you don't have big boots. Stiffest GNU/Lib board.

-Nitro Pantera/Pantera LX. Stiff free-ride board, tapered shape for pow. Comes in a wide. LX model is slightly stiffer and lighter.

-Rossignol Experience. Stiff free-ride board, sligtly tapered, magnetraction.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
NZ_Josh
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Surprise no-one has mentioned Palmer, have only ridden 1-2 of them. But they work well as a free ride board and handle speed almost better than any other board i've ridden.

If its mainly the chatter your worried about, then you might want to look into rides slimewall tech. Seems to be one of the best things for dampening chatter that ive ridden, I'm not sure of a stiff ride deck though

Nitro seem to have some stiffer boards, the T1 I've ridden was good for charging crud and variable cond.

I have also heard great things about the never summer range but am yet to ride one due to the difficulty of riding/finding one in NZ.

Don't want to get too off topic but what is wrong with someone liking Burton? I used to be the same (in terms of burton hate) but they actually make some good product and are good with their warranties.

I have also heard some pretty good things about the T6, be prepared for a SUPER stiff board, so much that it can seem lifeless sometimes. In my opinion you can get a better board for your money.

In terms of edge hold a longer board will generally hold better than a shorter one (in my experience)
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums