Looking for a new street ride... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 04:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for a new street ride...

I use a Nitro T1 generally, but I find that for street it's way too stiff. I wanna pick up a new deck that really focuses on flex. My T1's 156 but I want to take a look at seriously downsizing from that, which is why Weapons are really appealing to me (I'm considering the '48). Anything 09 I could pick up from an online outlet for less than $300 that has a lot of noodle (for most people, what I want would be wayyy to much noodle) other than Weapon?

Also, if anyone's ridden a T1 and a Weapon, what's the breakdown on how much more flex the WWW has? Any opinions on specifically how much noodle any given stick has would be appreciated.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
NZ_Josh

Have ridden a couple Nitro boards and its a whole different game to some of the park flex/jibby boards. Nitros are one of the stiffest boards i have ridden, you may want to consider going for something with a all MTN/park flex (Something like a Ride DH/2, Rome Agent, Burton Hero) rather than a dedicated jib/street board just because it will be more fun for general all mtn riding and you may find that it fazes out your Nitro. (if you go this route, 152-154 is a better size to go for)

Also what size/weight are you cause this is a huge part of choosing a new board.

If you are sure you want a dedicated jib boards a couple that I've ridden that come highly reccomended are Lib Tech skate banana. Rome artifact. GNU park pickle. Burton Dom, K2 WWW, Ride Machete. These all ride really well in the park and the street. If you go this route, 150 should be short enough.

I would also urge you to try out a reverse camber board (Lib tech, GNU, Rome listed above and Burton Joystick) are some of the best RC boards I've ridden and are really fun to ride, not sure how cheap you would get them though, seeing as its relatively new.

Best thing to do is pick a couple boards you like the sound of and try to find a demo version this usually costs ($40NZD) and can save you a heap, possibly ride a park all mtn (eg. Ride DH2) A regular camber park board (Eg. Rome Artifact) Then a Reverse camber (Eg Lib tech) to give you an idea of which board will suit your riding more.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the circuit-r is Never Summers price point jib deck. it has their Rocker.Camber tech which is nice plus its their cheapest board. i've heard lots of good things from people who have rode it and they say it a pretty solid board for jibbing and such.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I would hit up a k2 www. It lets you size down a lot which is nice. Great flex and love hitting rails/boxes with it
Glade Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

The NS Circuit-R would be good....if you want a cheaper route and like Nitro check and see if you can find a left over Sub Pop or check into the new Sub Zero. There are lots of noodle options for street riding! It just really depends on how much yoyu want to spend and if you want it for just street or not.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Fuck it go grab that weapon rocker if you're just going to use it for street you'll destroy that deck on all sorts of shit.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks guys. I'm 5'11, 175, but I found when riding really short boards I was really comfortable and able to make it do what I needed to do. I'm keeping my T1, so I have no worries about all-mountain capability. I'm selling an old K2 Fuse setup I had years back when I started riding so I can afford a new deck.

I'm keeping in mind that a WWW '48 rides like a '53, which is why I'm so stoked on it. Can't really afford Lib-Tech, even though they're epic stuff, =S. It's hard to find demos in Vancouver, I find. Anyone know a place that will do one day rentals/demos on midrange boards? I obviously won't be buying from a retailer in VanCan, because it's so much easier to get a deal online, but I really do want to get a feel for RC v.s. camber. What do you find the difference is when on the groomers. I know some people say RC decks ride pretty good in a bit of mellow powder because of the feeling and control you get, but how do they match up when you're just doing some social riding on the greens and blues?
Old 10-05-2009, 05:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The WWW does not ride bigger, it just has the effective edge of a 153. As far as RC it depends on what kind it is. I'd recommend reading this The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Camber Theories In Use
Old 10-05-2009, 05:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

not a fan of weapons. Too soft for me peronally. And no Nitros are not a stiff brand, maybe you rode a stiff nitro.

I like darkstars, and DH2's. perfect park boards for me.

Parkstar if you want RC
Old 10-05-2009, 05:41 PM   #10 (permalink)

Nitro Haze. That thing is a NOODLE. crazy soft. other boards that'll kills it in the streets: Artifact, Artifact 1985, WWW, Kink...
eastCOASTkills is offline   Reply With Quote