Any reviews on Ride Canvas? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
RinRIn

Default Any reviews on Ride Canvas?

Hi!

I've been browsing this forum for opinions on women's snowboards. I'm looking for an intermediate all-mountain freestyle board. So far I've read alot of good things about the Never Summer Infinity-R and some about Gnu B-Nice BTX. Before coming to this forum I was contemplating the Ride Canvas. But no one has mentioned Ride at all. Does anybody here have an opinion on Ride Canvas? And are there any cons to the NS Infinity-R or Gnu B-Nice BTX?

Oh just a background, I've been more of a cruiser than a jumper but this past season I've been getting a bit bored and want to get into more freestyle riding and beginning park but still be able to ride groomers and explore the back mountains. My current board is a Burton feather 147 which I've had since 2005. I feel it's too long, not much flex and doesn't do much for me anymore. I think an upgrade is long overdue!

This forum is awesome by the way. It has helped a lot in trying to narrow down a new board. Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2010, 11:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinRIn View Post
Hi!

I've been browsing this forum for opinions on women's snowboards. I'm looking for an intermediate all-mountain freestyle board. So far I've read alot of good things about the Never Summer Infinity-R and some about Gnu B-Nice BTX. Before coming to this forum I was contemplating the Ride Canvas. But no one has mentioned Ride at all. Does anybody here have an opinion on Ride Canvas? And are there any cons to the NS Infinity-R or Gnu B-Nice BTX?

Oh just a background, I've been more of a cruiser than a jumper but this past season I've been getting a bit bored and want to get into more freestyle riding and beginning park but still be able to ride groomers and explore the back mountains. My current board is a Burton feather 147 which I've had since 2005. I feel it's too long, not much flex and doesn't do much for me anymore. I think an upgrade is long overdue!

This forum is awesome by the way. It has helped a lot in trying to narrow down a new board. Thanks guys!
hi there,
i don't know how much help i'll be since i don't know all the technical talk.

i have 2009 ride canvas tokidoki collabo. admittedly, i bought it simply because it was tokidoki, on sale, and i needed an upgrade to my longer, stiffer board. but now that i've been riding it all this season, i think its the perfect board for me. i'm an intermediate rider now, getting ballzy enough for park, jumps, and boxes and i must say, this thing can rip! i love it to death and would consider getting a canvas ride again when its time for another board. gnu boards sound pretty sick too but they don't have a board short enough for me (i ride a 140cm).
crsv619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

I've considered getting this board for my wife. It appears to be a female version of the Ride DH2, and just a tad softer (much like the Machete). Good all around, all mountain board with a slightly park focus.

Here are some threads from Ride Nation.
Women's Boards: Compact or Promise? - Ride Nation
mr tidbit help!!! - Ride Nation
CoopersTroopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 06:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

my wife has the Ride Canvas (Tokidoki) and she loves it. I think she likes it more because it is Tokidoki though.
rodal126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
pinkfinity

Seriously I've been looking for a 140cm Ride Tokidoki board EVERYWHERE!!!! I want it so bad and can't settle for any other snowboard :S

If anyone can tell me where I can get one, that would send to Australia, I would appreciate it sooooooo much!