Roxy Ally vs. Gnu Bnice btx - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
nascargirl88

Question Roxy Ally vs. Gnu Bnice btx

hi all..I'm new to this forum and would like some opinion/advice. Im ready to purchase a new board and am looking for something a bit different than what I currently have, which is a 151 Burton Troop (a directional board). This was my first board ever (learned on it), I've had it for 3 years but want to try something new. I'm still pretty much a beginner boarder and trying extremely hard to move into the intermediate range!! I love to just cruise the groomed trails, but would love to explore the park one day when no one is looking! ;-)

I have been researching the btx boards and hear the Roxy Ally and Gnu Bnice are great boards for various abilities...the btx is something that really interests me, especially because I'm from the northeast and board on icy conditions majority of the time! What do you think of these boards? Is it all hype or should I try something completely different? I really want a board to grow with and not have to replace anytime soon..nor do I want a board that's over my head...I do not mind investing the $$ in the "right" board.

Also, I would like a shorter board..maybe a 148..is that asking too much if I'm 5'5" and 132 lbs?...the 151 seemed extemely hard to turn while I was first learning...eventually got the hang of it, but think a shorter board may give me more confidence!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...just found this site and I think it's a great resource!!

--Traci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2009, 04:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I think something in the high 140's is about right for your size. I'd recommend the Ally MTX for all around riding. A couple friends of mine have been rocking that, and they love it.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote