Freestyle or Free Ryder? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2007, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
northface

Default Freestyle or Free Ryder?

Hey what up guys,

I'm new in this forum. My name is Hambik and i'm from Glendale Cali. I've snowboarded once about 7 years ago and feel in love with it but never really persued it becuase i had alot going on at that time. Went through a pretty serious motorcycle accident just recently although i got lucky and just got some narly road rash and a few deep abbrasions under my foot. I'm all healed up now and really want to get into snowboarding. On with the question: I was just wondering if i can use a freestyle board to free ride?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yup. The ride will be a bit more unstable, but with proper technique, you can get by.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
northface

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic
Yup. The ride will be a bit more unstable, but with proper technique, you can get by.
Is Rome known to make good free ride boards and bindings? It seems like you guys really dig that brand and everyone seems to be saying nothing but good things about it.
Old 11-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Rome just flat out makes great equipment no matter what it's for... check out the Anthem for a more free-ride oriented board or the flag if you have wide feet. The 390's for bindings or if you want the best go with the Targa the 390 with all the bells and whistles
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
northface

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution
Rome just flat out makes great equipment no matter what it's for... check out the Anthem for a more free-ride oriented board or the flag if you have wide feet. The 390's for bindings or if you want the best go with the Targa the 390 with all the bells and whistles
Thanx dude
Old 11-15-2007, 01:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

no problem... I personally ride a flag
Old 11-15-2007, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

The Agent is a pretty good crossover board to ride as well it performs well all over the mountain, from powder to park works good. I've ridden it in just about everything. But if you are looking for a board that is more geared towards freeride than freestyle i would shoot for the Anthem like lisevolutions said. I have both and they are both great boards. But if you go for the Anthem and your want to stick with Rome bindings I would reccomend the Targas over the 390s; and its vise versa if your leanign more towrds the Agent.
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
northface

I was thinking of this set up. 150 Rome Anthem, Falsom black boots with the targa bindings. I hope the bindings won't be too loose. Bindings? Bindings? Bindings? Now i'm thinking of going with the K2 Auto bindings in white because they look so sick. Can i go k2 with a rome boot and board?
Old 11-16-2007, 09:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface
I was thinking of this set up. 150 Rome Anthem, Falsom black boots with the targa bindings. I hope the bindings won't be too loose. Bindings? Bindings? Bindings? Now i'm thinking of going with the K2 Auto bindings in white because they look so sick. Can i go k2 with a rome boot and board?
How much do you weigh? I ask in regards to the sizing of the board. In terms of bindings, Auto's look nice, but i'd still go with the Targas, if you've ever seen them in person you'd understand. Drool factor is super high on them and that's coming from someone who is going to replace Ride SPi's with Targa's at some point this season. You can use any binding with a Rome deck
Old 11-16-2007, 09:53 AM   #10 (permalink)
northface

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisevolution
How much do you weigh? I ask in regards to the sizing of the board. In terms of bindings, Auto's look nice, but i'd still go with the Targas, if you've ever seen them in person you'd understand. Drool factor is super high on them and that's coming from someone who is going to replace Ride SPi's with Targa's at some point this season. You can use any binding with a Rome deck
I weigh a 180lbs. I'm going to check both of them out and see whats up.