neversummer in canada? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 02:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default neversummer in canada?

hi,

I am from europe, going to canada soon...unfortunately not to snowboard, but i want to get premier f1.
Does anybody know where i could get it in toronto, which store sells neversummer in toronto?

thanks
garavac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2009, 04:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Your best bet would be to order it from an online dealer in the States, or maybe take the time to go down to the states and check out what they have there. Prices are going to be wayyyy lower across the border.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

i haven't come across any local shops in the greater toronto area that carries never summer products. you should try hitting up their website and emailing the canadian distributor to find out if there are any shops outside of toronto. if you're in town the weekend of oct. 15-18, you should check out the toronto ski and snowboard show where many shops from ontario will be hocking their wares at great prices. if there's a never summer dealer in ontario, they will likely be there.
hanzosteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

Go to High Output Sports Canada and call someone there. They will hook you up with a local dealer near you, and can get you the board you want. I contacted them, got a near instant response, and they even made the local dealers call ME. I managed to get the Premier F1-R in Quebec, which is pretty impressive I find, since I haven't found any dealers myself. Hosports have been very kind to me, and provided excellent service. Give 'em a call.

Also. DO NOT buy from the US. Prices may be a tad lower, but you are also factoring out something major. Shipping cost, and border fees. Both of which are expensive, and border fees are BEYOND ridiculous. I once ordered something worth 200$ and they charged me 95$ worth of border fees. It will end up being more expensive. This is why I suggest you stick with canadian dealers. It WON'T be more expensive, and you'll get your merchandise much faster as well.

Last edited by Prophecies; 10-08-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Prophecies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #5 (permalink)

My revolver only came to 40$ in customs!!! The store that hosports say carry n.s. dont, You can order it from them but they dont carry it cause of the cost.

Kyle from hosports never got back to me after 2 emails in 2 weeks so i said fuck it. Ordered it online. I tried helping local but he wouldnt help me help them.

Good luck getting it ordered it though, I never got a response back from anybody around here about them.

Couldnt you just buy it assuming u can find it, then not declare it over the boarder. Just buy the secound luggage shit and a board bag. So its as though U came here with it? So no customs? Just extra baggage cost? I guess it would depend on when ur comming though to make it look legit.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #6 (permalink)

Ill take the win for a ridiculous customs charge.
Unit purchased was $47 off ebay.
Paid $39 for duty!?!? WTF

Agree with these guys. Go to HighOutputSports, and talk to them. I originally couldn't find a dealer in Edmonton for NS, but after going through that site, managed to fine ONE dealer. Checked them out the other day. Pretty nice little shop actually. I had never been there.
AdamBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

tnx lads...

was thinking of doing it that way...actually buy 2 boards and a bag and on return just say i took them with me in the first place...
ok will try all that you told me...
tnx again
garavac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #8 (permalink)

Declare the board. If you are in the states for more than 5 days, you are allowed up to $500 in tax free purchases. Duties get real bad when they are shipped because of all the "processing" fees. If you are just crossing the border with it, it wont be bad, and as I said, if you have been there more than 5 days and declare it and it's under $500, you wont pay any at all. Worse case, if its a couple over, you just pay GST on it ($20-40) (had to once when I had $700 worth of clothes and declared it all).
In my opinion, it's just not worth getting caught. Not worth the risk for $50 of something.
AdamBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Never Summer definitely needs to expand their territory into Canada more. So many riders up here wanting to try one / buy one but almost impossible to find a shop that carries them (I've never seen one...)
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

there's a shop or 2 in fernie, bc if you're out that way and want to check them out