Need suggestions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 07:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
recoded

Default Need suggestions

Hi All,

Last year I broke my leg (fibula) snowboarding because my boots were lose. They were an old pair and only had outter laces. This year I purchased NS EVO-R and ROME 390 bindings. I am looking to find really good boots. I will not go cheap on boots by any means. I want to ride comfortably and also make sure I am strapped in. I just need suggestions. Also, I wear a size 8.5 (Sneaker size) and bought ROME 390 SM/M (They say it fits up to boot size 9.5), I doubt I will need a boot bigger than 9.5. With that being said, any suggestions would be great. I bought this board and looking for a more park riding. About 60% park and 40% all mountain (Minus Diamonds, since I broke my leg on a diamond lol).

Thanks in advance,
reCoded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2009, 07:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you look at any thread on boots, they all say go try them on. Only you can tell what size you need, which lacing system works the best, how stiff a boot you want for your riding style, etc. I have an aggressive style of riding, so I have a stiff set up when it comes to my gear. You might have the same or you may have more of a laid back, surfy vibe to it. Completey different boot. As for brands, a 8.5 in a pair of 32's might fit you perfectly, where an 8.5 in a Burton might give you heel lift. It all depends on style of riding, manufacturer, and personal comfort.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
recoded

My biggest concern is the boot not fitting my bindings correctly. I was just wondering what brands are decent so I can try those on. My local shop doesnt carry much so it might be tough for me to try on the boots before I buy them unless the shop has a pair that I like. Thanks for the reply
Old 10-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well, look at it this way, it doesn't matter who makes the boots, you have to try on anything until you find your perfect fit. And since you need to try em on, just bring your board with you so you can strap in, hop around, and see what happens. Personally I have K2 boots but thats because I've been buying K2 for a while. Oh and apparently DCs don't stay dry...
Ruskiski is offline   Reply With Quote