This Forum a NS Spokesperson? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default This Forum a NS Spokesperson?

I've been reading a LOT lately on decks, and what to buy, and been trying to read every post I can find in terms of boards and stuff on this site.
Everything I've read points to the NS, and it will definitely be my next deck purchase, but it seems every post people get pointed back to NS. NS must love this site. When it comes to customer reviews, they could just cut and paste any of the replies to the "What should I buy" threads.

Just thought I'd create some fun discussion around it.
AdamBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

I've noticed that aswell. But they've been getting hyped by EVERYONE on the net, thus why I bought one to see whats up.

But from the sounds of it they have great quality, made in america, supporting boarders, 3 year warranty, and excellent customer service. Or at least thats what I get from reading everything. How could you not be stoked?

I havent seen much hate anywhere on the net with N.S. They gotta be doing somthing right.

*Edit* Except how the older boards were a little heavy. But thats changed now (appearently)
Old 10-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

i would say bataleon runs a close second for heat on this forum.
hanzosteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Augie09

Yes, NS gets a lot of love around here and I defintely will be demoing one this year because of it.

I think some people recommend what they have first hand experience with and others recommend based of what they've read someone else say, which can definitely snowball a brands visibility on a forum.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamBQ View Post
I've been reading a LOT lately on decks, and what to buy, and been trying to read every post I can find in terms of boards and stuff on this site.
Everything I've read points to the NS, and it will definitely be my next deck purchase, but it seems every post people get pointed back to NS. NS must love this site. When it comes to customer reviews, they could just cut and paste any of the replies to the "What should I buy" threads.

Just thought I'd create some fun discussion around it.

Honestly, you're right. But I think that points to the quality of their product. It's not like anyone here, other than one guy, is affiliated with NS in any way. We just all seem to have had similar experiences, which again is a testament to the product.

If I was NS, I would rather have a bunch of people on sites like this extolling the virtue of NS boards over anything being spewed from the various advertising driven magazines we get shoved down our throats every year.

This is where we find true, unbiased opinions and I'm sure NS knows and appreciates it.
Cool_As_Cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

They're getting the same publicity that Rome was getting from the net and forums a couple of years ago. Same goes for Bataleon... it comes from the riders though, not from the media which is what makes it that much more important. I have to admit I was hesitant a few years ago to buy a Rome because they were a new, young company but when it came time to grab a new deck 3yrs ago it was an easy decision to go with Rome and get The Flag. It's been a great board and all the people extoling Rome's virtues were right on. Same goes for NS, I'm looking to get a new deck this season, probably middle of the year and now it's between getting the Legacy-R or Revolver-R for a slightly more mellow, playful RC board. Good companies get good press from the people who use their equipment...
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paygrey View Post
NS has tons of street cred across all internet forums because they're a smallish denver-based shop that stays on the cutting edge of tech, has a good warranty, and is known for bullet-proof durability...
That's exactly right. It's not some internet pushed hype!! Think about it...

Colorado has great mountains and one of the best seasons. So a lot of snowboarders on this forum are from Colorado. Never Summer is huge in CO, just look at all the stickers on cars etc. Never Summer makes a quality product and a lot of locals have been riding them for 10+ years. It's a local shop with a great warranty so of course people on this forum, from co etc, love Never Summer. I for one have rode NS boards off and on for 10 years. I don't get paid by Never Summer for anything or do I really know anyone that works there or get free gear. I am just a "consumer" who has spent a lot of money over the years on my hobbies. Never Summer makes a quality product and I have never had an issue with anything from them. I can't say the same about some other brands I have ridden over the years.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paygrey View Post
NS has tons of street cred across all internet forums because they're a smallish denver-based shop that stays on the cutting edge of tech, has a good warranty, and is known for bullet-proof durability... Everyone loves the local mom-and-pops that makes good shit... It's just human nature.
There ya go. That's why I ride NS. If I'm given a choice between two great products, I'll go with the local company that supports local riders.
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I do love me some Never Summer. but clearly thats not all we recommend.

Other popular brands that get recommended include:

Bataleon
K2
Ride
Rome
Nitro
Omatic
Arbor
Capita
Salomon
Lib Tech
Gnu

there are more but I dont want to spend too much thought on it atm..

All of these companies have been tested and ridden by our members and been found superior
Old 10-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Neversummer has been making great boards the whole time, their quality has never slipped. They have always been working on improving their product in real ways. I suspect that once this wave of hype subsides, they'll still be focused on that. I also don't think you are going to see Neversummer bindings and boots anytime in the near future.

There are also a lot of other companies out there making fantastic boards. Neversummer isn't the only company. It would be silly to say are that NS is the very best. It would also be silly to say any company is the very best. Top 5 though, not a stretch.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote