New rider. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Reggy

Talking New rider.

Hello, I just got into the sport and I need help with my equipment setup. I'm 5 11 260lbs and currently I have my boots (Burton Driver X 10.5 09/10) and my board (Capita Food Court Gangster 161). Ive been lurking the form getting information but I'm stuck on what kind of bindings to get. I live in CT so and this is my first season , so I don't think I will be doing much backcountry riding. I was thinking of getting Flux Titans-L. Would that be a good choice and if not what would be other alternatives my price range is around 150. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2009, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

MY first bindings were a pair of K2 Indy. Help up real well for the beating I put on them my first season. Nothing broke. Good med/soft flex. Nothing spectacular about them. Just a good solid binding that will get you through your first season. If you decide to stick with the sport then go for something a little better when you decide what type of rider you'll be (park, freeride...). OR if you know what kind of riding you'll be doing, go for that kind of binding now. Rome 390's, Union Force, Ride MVMT series are all good for park style. Anything with a med/stiff flex will suit the rest of the mountain.
cstrumol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Reggy

Yeah, but living in CT pretty much limits me to park riding I thought. I mean from everything Ive been reading the local mountains are pretty shitty and I dont think I'm gonna bang out 4 hour drives to vt every weekend to learn. You live around 45 mins away what do you do?
Old 10-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Location: The red dot on the map says, an I quote, "You are HERE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggy View Post
Hello, I just got into the sport and I need help with my equipment setup. I'm 5 11 260lbs and currently I have my boots (Burton Driver X 10.5 09/10) and my board (Capita Food Court Gangster 161). Ive been lurking the form getting information but I'm stuck on what kind of bindings to get. I live in CT so and this is my first season , so I don't think I will be doing much backcountry riding. I was thinking of getting Flux Titans-L. Would that be a good choice and if not what would be other alternatives my price range is around 150. Thanks
http://agentgenius.com/wp-content/up.../09/lurker.jpg
Old 10-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Reggy

I'm more like this when I get behind the screen

http://www.comedycentral.com/images/...indreal_m4.jpg

creeping all the posts
Old 10-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

reggy if your lookin to get into the sport the best thing to do is buy cheap gear especially if ur gunna be ridin park cause ur gunna thrash urself and ur gear way more than someone who's been ridin for a couple seasons, but if your one of those i got too much money and i dnt know what to do with it kinda person, then get some low back bindings i know burton has a few models with low backs like the cartels, but off the top of my head i dunno for sure all of them, but i do highly recomend not spending nemore than you have to. after all the sport isnt allabout looking the best on the hill with the best gear
paaaaaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Reggy

Yeah thats pretty much what im trying to do ive spent around 400 so far for the boots(150 at local store) and board (220 online). I mentioned the Flux Titans because theyre the cheapest decent quality bindings i found only ( 94 +tax). $500 for a whole setup doesnt sound too bad to me but IDK.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

nah 500 for a complete is pretty damn good. i suggested low backed bindings though cause you were saying that you wanted to do park, they allow alota freedom in leg movement allowing you to be more nimble in the park, might be something you wanna check out later on down the road but to start id stick to my original statement cheap is best. and if you hadnt already bought ur board and boots id say just rent for a couple times cause last thing you want is to buy a whole whack o gear and find out you hate the sport cant see why you would though. but yeah 5hundy is great for a complete i just recently picked myself up a new board alone and it cost my over 6hundy and i still gotta get new bindings for it lol. but then again ive been riding for 15years and ill prolly have this board for 3-6 seasons to come
paaaaaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

FCG! great board choice, now all you need to do is scrounge up 50 more dollars for a pair of union force bindings.
you won't regret it

Last edited by return2heaven; 10-09-2009 at 09:52 PM.
return2heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Reggy

Thanks, Ill look around for a cheap pair of union force bindings. Hopefuly the local shop has last seasons.