People running into your board in the lift lines... - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 04:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

This did bother me with my 09 Burton Custom, as the top sheet scratches so easily. Now I have my NS SL - I don't care as the top sheet is very robust compared to the Custom. Why doesn't every company do this?
crispynz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2009, 04:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Green Snow

Yes like others have said, if it's a noob and not intentional that's one thing, but if it's some punk kid doing it on purpose, he will be face first in the snow before he knew WTF just happened.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Its not top sheet stuff that bugs me..its when they bang into my damn edge that it pisses me off...

Even NS boards arent immune to this i looked at my SL-R a week or two ago and realized i have like 4 or 5 short short gashes on the topsheet/edge where people gashed me..annoying as hell...i had to cut some of the bits off with a razor blade so they dont pull up more this season...

Usually i dont mind if someone accidentally does it trying to move forward in line..they usually say sorry and we continue onto the lift...its the idiots who bounce around in lift lines like its a fucking skate park to do standing presses and crap with 1 foot in that annoy me...

Atleast most lifties stop people from doing this now, and also keep people from slapping their boards repeatedly...once or twice to get a ton of snow off is fine if its a pow day...but stop slapping your board for no reason its annoying as shit. I heard a lifty tellin a kid to stop and why..apparently its because people who wear ear implants to hear have the sound magnified a ton by the device and it can damage their ear...
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Eh, for me the slapping of the board was a big annoyance more than anything. You get kinda jumpy as a lifty seeing as how you kinda have peoples lives in your hands (mostly stupid peoples lives, but still). So for me, if I was in "the zone" and someone slapped their board, I would just kinda freak that something had just gone wrong. Same with people yelling to other people in liftlines. I don't hear the words, I just here someone yelling, making me think someone is hanging off a chair and about to fall to their death if I don't do something about it in the next 5 seconds...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
W

I'm gonna make backcountry more of a priority this year with hopes to avoid some idiots.

im jealous your season started already, i still got 1.5 months
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
nos

yeah, it's annoying. but then again it's just topsheet.
nos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:49 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWNOW View Post
People run into your board all the time. Not really a big deal. A scratch on the top sheet won't hurt anything. However, when I get a kid that keeps bumping me from behind I just turn around and stare at them with a WTFMATE face. Generally that gets the point across.
nope, not enough. some people are too stupid, violence works on the ignorant. Idiocy comes with a physical pricetag. Atleast if it doesnt they know itll cost them next time around.
Nugggster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #18 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

When someone runs over my board and clearly looks like they have the control and common sense not to I politely say "Hey, stop fucking running into my board"

But for the most part I am too chill and rockin tunes to even give a shit unless it's continuous and deliberate
Glade Ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:02 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugggster View Post
nope, not enough. some people are too stupid, violence works on the ignorant. Idiocy comes with a physical pricetag. Atleast if it doesnt they know itll cost them next time around.
QFT

/10char
Ruskiski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:09 AM   #20 (permalink)

I don't have a problem with someone hitting my board 1 time 2times im saying something "STOP HITTING MY FUCKING BOARD"I have had someone hit my shit did not say sorry or did not even act like he did anything so I got pissed off and I KARATE chopped his board with my board and said"STOP HITTING MY FUCKING BOARD"then I was the DICK but he stayed away from my shit but I dinged my edge...P.S sorry if it was one of you guys I did fell like a dick after I calmed down
TMXMOTORSPORTS is offline   Reply With Quote