People running into your board in the lift lines... - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 10:43 AM   #21 (permalink)

It's not like they're getting to the lift any faster by being close enough to read my shirt tag. People need to relax a little. We're all going to the same place and it's going to take the same time. People have asked me why I have so many stickers on my board, first I tell them I'm sponsored (which I'm not), then I tell them its to cover the scratches a-holes like you put on my board from the lift line.
cstrumol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #22 (permalink)

Like you guys have said, it's not that bad if it is accidental and they apologize for it, but last year the first time I had my Supermodel X out some little park rat kept bumping into it, seemingly on purpose, and and took a chunk out of the topsheet about an inch wide, BEFORE I HAD EVER RIDDEN IT. That guy really rattled my cage.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #23 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Its like dinging someones car door when your getting out of your car...everyones screwed up and done it once or twice in their life..its the asshats that have no regard and do it every time that sucks.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:54 PM   #24 (permalink)

This is one of those things that can really piss a person off. At Stevens Pass, there are a couple lifts where some skier tries to repeatedly jam their pole-tip thru my deck. I think this pisses me off more than an occasional bump or tap from the back. Boards are expendable, and so are some asshole people.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:47 PM   #25 (permalink)

I think I'll be sick to my stomach by the end of the season. I know some douchebag is going to run over or stab my deck

Live Hard

"When the Government fears the People there is Liberty, When the People fear the Government, there is Tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson
m60g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:22 PM   #26 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's a fucking snowboard who cares, is it going to damage the fucking thing if it has a bunch of surface scuffs? NO it's not. People need to sack up and get over the fucking superficial bull shit it's not like it's a 71 hemicuda and some douche bag ran a shopping cart into it at wal mart.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Veteran Member

So if someone takes a chunk out of your brand new board that you just paid several hundred dollars for, you would be perfectly ok with it? I guess we have a different level of pride for what we've worked for.... If I mess up my board, that's one thing, but if some idiot takes a chunk out of my board, I'm going to be pissed..
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #28 (permalink)

I guess it depends on the gravity of the damage, if it's just a scuff... Sure it sucks and I'll get over it. But if someone gouges/takes a chunk off your edge, then I'll get pissed. Edge hits are what I hate most... it means I need to get my edges resharpened/bevelled correctly.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #29 (permalink)
von

milo dont tell me its the Jam ; (
von is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:53 PM   #30 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by von View Post
milo dont tell me its the Jam ; (

Ya got a bit of a scuff after my first ever run with The Jam by some douche in the lift lines.... I've had to tell 3 people to stop running into my board after this scuff happened... I just give people a stern look if they crack my board once, but if a second hit happens I say something now. Now that I have a high end board I find myself getting even more pissed off when someone hits my stuff. Previous board was a lot cheaper and it didn't cut me so deep to see someone run into it ( =
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote