People running into your board in the lift lines... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default People running into your board in the lift lines...

What in the shit is up with people?!

First day out and I get a top sheet scuff from some idiot in the lift lines. And the punk 16yo kids seem to think it's ok to keep running into everyones boards....

Finding myself having no patience for people that run into you shit, but what can you do? I chicken hawk my board and try to move it before and fucks hit it but it's a pretty difficult task.

I'm gonna make backcountry more of a priority this year with hopes to avoid some idiots.

Guessing this is part of the bullshit that goes down during an opening weekend. Hope the punk kids don't come back out next weekend
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2009, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

I hate when people do that! Its always idiots who rent and dont care about their rental shit. pisses me off.
eastCOASTkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

That sucks...but it IS part of snowboarding. Be thankful you don't get the eejit ski race kids who think it's ok to stab your equipment with their ski poles while they bad mouth snowboarding.
boarderaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Fack that... At Grouse, we often get kids throwing snowballs in the lift-lines (I call them kids but they're probably older than me).
Old 10-10-2009, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic View Post
That sucks...but it IS part of snowboarding. Be thankful you don't get the eejit ski race kids who think it's ok to stab your equipment with their ski poles while they bad mouth snowboarding.
Ya know, if someone just learning runs into my stuff, I'm not going to get all bent out of shape. However, someone trying to jack my stuff up that I paid good money for? Oh no. As far as I'm concerned, that's grounds for an ass whuppin'!
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Last year at Gore some 40 (Just a guess on his age...) year old guy dressed in all neon green came charging down the slope at about 50 mph straight into the lift line and knocked down about 8 people. He tried to blame a kid for "pushing" him into the line. He was a complete dumbass to even be going that fast near a lift.

He also rode over my board after knocking them over. Put a nice scratch in it....

He should have gotten his ticket pulled for that.
Old 10-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

People run into your board all the time. Not really a big deal. A scratch on the top sheet won't hurt anything. However, when I get a kid that keeps bumping me from behind I just turn around and stare at them with a WTFMATE face. Generally that gets the point across.
AWNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

One time I was in the lift line there was this socially inept middle age Chinese man who kept hitting my board with his ski pole on purpose. He thought it was funny and I kept telling him to "fucking knock it off" I put up with it about twice, on the third time I pushed him down (meant to punch him) and he nearly smoked his little son who was right behind him. He freaked out and started yelling at me in Cantonese. The lifties got involved but I had witnesses around me who confirmed that the guy instigated it for no real reason.

Other than incidents like that getting your board knocked in the lift line is just the norm. People should be more careful but you are just riding a snowboard, not a Mercedes.

Last edited by bakesale; 10-10-2009 at 09:36 PM.
bakesale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
xtreme23

i only really care if someone seems to be doin it on purpose.. like the someone said earier thats grounds for an ASS WHOOPIN i've done it on accident myself so i dont really sweat it if someone does it by mistake. on a side note tho.. i have too much fun snowboarding to even care about just little shit like that anyway
Old 10-11-2009, 12:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It's not that big of a deal, but it's still pretty annoying. I let it go when it's a one-time accident. If the same person keeps doing it, acciental or not, I'll give them a look or say something about paying attention or knocking it off.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote