Heh, Switch out Banana for Evo-R? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Smile Heh, Switch out Banana for Evo-R?

Alright, so I hate to even ask about this, but I guess I'm just looking for personal opinions on what any of you would do about this. I currently have the 2010 Skate Banana, never used it (it is yet to snow around here..), but I have been hearing amazing things about the Never Summer decks, and I'm really eyeing the Evo-r. I have yet to put any decent mileage on a reverse camber deck, but I've been a skateboarder most of my life, and rode last years Skate Banana and loved it. Talked to a nice guy at Evogear and he said even though I have had the Banana for almost two months, I could still switch it out for the Evo-r without any fees at all, just pay shipping there. Think it's a good idea to switch to the Evo-r while I still can? I don't have the chance to demo out any boards or even check them out in person. Please don't hate, just asking for some opinions . Thanks!

EDIT: I should also mention that I like to hit medium sized kickers as well as jibs/freeride, and I haven't ridden any Skate Banana enough to know, but the SB seems slightly noodly (not sure how it handles at high speeds with big impacts). I hear the Evo-r is slighly stiffer and more stable than the SB? I may have my information wrong, though.

Last edited by ColinHoernig; 10-10-2009 at 09:13 PM.
ColinHoernig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the banana gets washy on some of the bigger landings, all the crap people say about it getting noodley at high speeds is a bunch of bullshit. i'd switch it out if i were you, the banana is a park killer and great in pow but i think the evo-r would be more appropriate for your riding. ive never ridden one but everyone on here rants and raves about them
j.gnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.gnar View Post
the banana gets washy on some of the bigger landings, all the crap people say about it getting noodley at high speeds is a bunch of bullshit. i'd switch it out if i were you, the banana is a park killer and great in pow but i think the evo-r would be more appropriate for your riding. ive never ridden one but everyone on here rants and raves about them
Thanks for the input man, I do appreciate the opinion. I've can't say I've ever heard anything bad about NS at all. I should also say that I ride in Michigan/Wisconsin where the conditions tend to be hardpack/icy or slushy snow..

Is it true that the Evo-r is slighly stiffer than the Banana? I love to butter, and I assume the Evo-r still kills at that.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

How's the Evo-R in the mountains? I'm thinking of picking up a 158 as my quiver killer.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've ridden a SB for a full day all over the mountain/park, and bought an Evo-R that I never got to use last year due to injury. Anyways, the Evo-R is a bit stiffer, and the better of the 2 for AM use. NS RC > Mervin BTX for pop, and less washout. Magnetraction is great though. Tough call, but I'd choose the NS.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:13 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
I've ridden a SB for a full day all over the mountain/park, and bought an Evo-R that I never got to use last year due to injury. Anyways, the Evo-R is a bit stiffer, and the better of the 2 for AM use. NS RC > Mervin BTX for pop, and less washout. Magnetraction is great though. Tough call, but I'd choose the NS.
Exactly what I'm looking for. I can deal without the MTX in trade for less washout and more pop. I appreciate the opinion, thanks man.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinHoernig View Post
Exactly what I'm looking for. I can deal without the MTX in trade for less washout and more pop. I appreciate the opinion, thanks man.
Glad to help. NS does have their Vario grip, but having never actually ridden a NS board (YET!!!) I don't know how well it works. I've been riding MTX for 3yrs now, and it is the real deal.

Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I can't decide between the Evo-r or the SL-R. I like that the sl-r is stiffer, but don't like that it's not a true twin. I ride switch about 25% of the time...
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
I can't decide between the Evo-r or the SL-R. I like that the sl-r is stiffer, but don't like that it's not a true twin. I ride switch about 25% of the time...
Evo is a stiffer park deck .It can hadnle whole mountain without problem if u dont like riding switch with setback. But its not a serious problem ride switch on a non true twin board.
Zany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The SL-R is just slightly more stiff and 2 notches higher on their dampness so it will probably feel a bit more stable at higher speeds and through choppy snow...
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote