Does a 156cm Yes The Greats 2016 sound like a good option for me? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Does a 156cm Yes The Greats 2016 sound like a good option for me?

I'm thinking of buying a Yes Greats as an all mountain board because I understand it has some stiffness and pop for more aggressive riding but it does pretty well in powder too. I enjoy carving and also bouncing around a bit off features, but not into park riding.

Im a man, 59 (175cm), currently about 140lbs (64kg) although that will go up to around 155lbs (70kg) and my boot size is a US 10.5 (EU 44.5 I think). Im used to riding a 154cm or 155cm board, mostly on groomers with occasional powder.

I'd be getting a 156cm board since that's what is available to me. Based on my weight and riding style it seems like this would be OK, but since I can't actually try the board out or get my hands on one to look at before buying I'm unsure.

It would be great to hear from anybody who rides a Yes Greats, or just has an opinion. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cool Done

Replying to myself since I decided to just buy it. I'm pretty sure it will be perfect, I was just reluctant cause it's not cheap. Going to take it out this weekend if it comes in time
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-15-2015, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I got a 56 and 58 Greats. The 58 is one of my main rides and favorite boards of all time. Ride it anywhere in any snow: just an awsome board.

Tags
sizing, sizing snowboard, yes the greats

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode