Help me choose between 3 boards. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 11:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
LoveToShred420

Default Help me choose between 3 boards.

Hey, First off I'm 5'9, 120 pounds(give or take 5 pounds), I wear a size 11 boot and I'm currently riding an 07/08 155 Burton Blunt. This year I'm looking for a smaller board with a lot more flex to mess around in the park since there isn't much powder where I live.

I have it narrowed down to about 3 boards. I'm looking at the K2 WWW Rocker, the CAPiTA Indoor Survival, and the CAPiTA Horrorscope. I want to be able to butter and press and I want some good pop to go along with the board. I take about 4-5 trips during the season to some bigger resorts where I can actually ride pow and hit some bigger jumps so I would need the board to hold up there too. Also, could the Rome Artifact be a decent board too? It would be helpful if you guys could help me with a board, the length, and possibly a wide if needed?

Thanks, Ben.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2009, 02:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

All those boards have been discussed many times on this forum. Click on search.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
LoveToShred420

I understand this, but I would like to know which one would be best for my requirements, such as what I want to do with it and my height, weight, and boot size.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

I know the WWW Rocker won't be able to handle bigger jumps. It'll be too loose on the landings. It'd do pow pretty good though.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

of the two capitas the horrorscope is more jibby with the indoor survival being a tad stiffer and but still labled a park/freestyle board
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

indoor survivor FK !! i wanted a board for the excact same reasons u do and the same riding...the indoor FK seemed to fit it perfect, causes its stiff enough for the mtn. and has all the features u want for a park board... i got the artifact at 1st, but its too much of a noodle for mtn, and it has soft bronze edges that wont keep a good edge..so dont get it.... btw, im 5'11" 164lbs and went with a 152cm for the indoor..
LTshredTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
LoveToShred420

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirConditioning View Post
I know the WWW Rocker won't be able to handle bigger jumps. It'll be too loose on the landings. It'd do pow pretty good though.
Okay, well thanks for the information, I probably won't be getting that since I don't ride much pow. Thanks.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
LoveToShred420

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritosandsnow View Post
of the two capitas the horrorscope is more jibby with the indoor survival being a tad stiffer and but still labled a park/freestyle board
Alright, thanks man. It looks like I'm going to have to choose between the indoor and the horrorscope, the weapon is ruled out now.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
LoveToShred420

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTshredTN View Post
indoor survivor FK !! i wanted a board for the excact same reasons u do and the same riding...the indoor FK seemed to fit it perfect, causes its stiff enough for the mtn. and has all the features u want for a park board... i got the artifact at 1st, but its too much of a noodle for mtn, and it has soft bronze edges that wont keep a good edge..so dont get it.... btw, im 5'11" 164lbs and went with a 152cm for the indoor..
That sounds exactly what I'm looking for. I'm just rethinking though, as I said earlier I take about 5 trips to a bigger mountain which happens to be Big Sky, Montana. How big of kickers would the horrorscope hold up to? I would like to classify myself as an intermediate rider and the biggest kickers I have gone off of so far are about 20-25 ft. but will possibly be bigger this year. If you can help me out then thanks. (:
Old 10-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
LoveToShred420

bump 10 characters