Tried a pair of ROMES - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 07:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
recoded

Default Tried a pair of ROMES

I recently went to a local store and tried on a pair of ROME boots. I believe they were Prospects. Not sure if that was the exact name. I liked them (fit better than my old boots). I think they were a little soft for freestyle riding. I looked online and remeber seeing the SMITHs at the store but not in my size 8.5.

Rome Smith Boot | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2010

Are these too soft? I want to free ride and hit the park every now and then. I have ROME 390 bindings on a Never Summer EVO board and want to make sure I piece this board together right.

The boots I tried on were good, I liked them but they were the only boot I tried on that day since I was in a rush and this guy was trying to sell me everything in the store.

When buying a boot money is not an issue. I broke my leg last season and I will spend 300 on boots if riding comfortable and having my feet snug. I know money doesnt matter I just want anyone who will give me advice as to which brand to try on, to keep in mind I am willing to pay good money if thats what it takes. I am just looking for BRAND suggestions. I know I have to go and try them on and see for myself but I would like to know which brands people are happy with and I will start there. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

he did say he wore them and they were comfortable. Usually boot brands run a similar mold for liners between models. Id say go for the Libertines
Old 10-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

I have last years libertines. They personally fit my foot very snugly and they're super comfortable.
eastCOASTkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
recoded

Libertines are nice? They had them at the store but I didn not try them on. Hear anything about the SMITHs or BODEGAS?
Old 10-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

those are lower end boots. Drop the extra $ on boots. its worth it. the added warmth and comfort is definitely a plus. I had folsoms last year and loved them
Old 10-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Question

I love the fit & feel of my Libertines, of course this is different for every person, but I wish I bought the Folsoms for more support. The Libertines are very soft and get softer really quick... pretty much a park only boot in my opinion.
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
recoded

I've got measured at a shop and I wear a 8.5 shoe. I tried on a pair of ROME boots and they were an 8.5. Fit well. Are ROMEs true to size or something? Any idea where I can buy the Folsom's 2010?