I can't decide between these boots.... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default I can't decide between these boots....

I tried on about 40 pairs of boots in the past two weeks. Out of the 40 I've narrowed it down to a few choices. I know it's hard to help without actually seeing the fit and I've already had a few boot fitters check them out but I figured that I would get another oppinion.

I'm mostly freeride and love to catch air off of natural terrain. I'll go into the park a few runs a day for some kickers and a rail every now and then.

Saloman Factions
-Fit nice. My toes just touch the ends of them and the width is almost perfect, just a tad narrow. It doesn't cause any pain and the boots fealt fine after about 40 minutes of walking around. I know that these will pack out about a 1/2 a size, but should I be worried about them staying fairly snug withwise?

32 lashed
-Very nice feeling. My toe touches the end a little bit more than the factions, but the width is great. These seem a little more comfortable than the factions, but I'm worried about the toe touching the end of the boot being a problem on the slopes.

Salmoman malamutes
-Snug fit. Not nearly as comfortable as the others, but my feet don't move around at all and they don't cause me any pain.

Ride orions
-Feel the same as the factions.

I'm stuck here. The bootfitter gave me his advice and helped me narrow it down to these boots.

Based on my descriptions of how I they fit and how I like to ride, which ones would you reccomend that I go with?
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

I don't have any experience with the 32's or the Salomons, but I can tell you that I bought my Orions last year and I won't be buying a new pair of boots this seasons. They held up really well and they're super comfy for me on the slopes or in the park. Take that for what it's worth, but really get whichever you find to be a quality product, and just as importantly whichever feels best.
Thadwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Malamutes are a "benchmark" freeride boot. One of the best if they fit. Keep in mind any boot you get will pack out, so they should become more comfortable. The other Ride and other Salomon boots would be good too. I'd shy away from 32 myself.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

32 boots won't last, their quality is dismal. Go with Salomon. You can;t go wring with malamutes for freeride. I rode Synapse for 3 seasons.

If you haven't already, check out Northwave Decade's.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm a little worried about the malamutes because they aren't as comfortable as the others.

It's between the orions and the factions now... Which one will pack out more?
Old 10-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Augie09

the 32's will pack out a ton, so if they feel tight, that'll change. The salomons won't pack out much since the inner is attached, so keep that in mind when sizing.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Speed zone lacing is a HUGE perk. Especially when putting boots on in the parking lot or tightening them up on the chair
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
xtreme23

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Malamutes are a "benchmark" freeride boot. One of the best if they fit. Keep in mind any boot you get will pack out, so they should become more comfortable. The other Ride and other Salomon boots would be good too. I'd shy away from 32 myself.
anyone take melamutes in the park? if so, how were they esp since they are marketed as freeride boots? i know they are salomons stiffest boots they still seemed to be flex enuff that park is not impossible
Old 10-18-2009, 10:58 AM   #9 (permalink)
dmojr

I rode a pair of salomon F22's for the past 2 seasons. I went to go grab a pair of this years Burton Ions on Friday and a few shops were sold out. This year's F22 had the Footprint shrink i was really after since im going to ride a non wide board a lot of days this year, so i bought a new pair of the F22's.

I loved my past pair and they lasted a few seasons (and honestly could still be ridden now.. i will probably wear my old pair when i ride my 168, just for the broken in factor.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme23 View Post
anyone take melamutes in the park? if so, how were they esp since they are marketed as freeride boots? i know they are salomons stiffest boots they still seemed to be flex enuff that park is not impossible
Kickers would of course be fine. You can do some very simple boxes and rails. I love the Malamutes, but they are def. stiff.
AWNOW is offline   Reply With Quote