Bindings too far back - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bindings too far back

Hey,
So I got a pair of Burton Co2's for my NS Premier F1-R size 161. The waist width is 25.6. My boot size has nothing to do with this, but I'm afraid I'm going to get heel drag. The bindings are set pretty far back, and I can't set them any more forward. My toes are fine, but the back of the bindings go way back. I really doubt I'm going to get heel drag, but you never know... I'll try to get some pics later. Is there any way I could set the bindings more forward? Like I said, the bindings are set as far as they could get forward (towards my toes).

Any help is appreciated!
Prophecies is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2009, 10:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Put your boot in the binding. Then center your boot on the board. Your binding will not hit the snow unless you board is about 70* from the snow. Not likely unless you're on an alpine board, which you're not.

1.Center your boots in your bindings
2.Make sure all your bindings straps are centered on your boot
3.Move the binding so you have equal toe/heel boot hangover
4.Bomb hills with that board, making sure to run over any small children and little critters that get in your way.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Put your boot in the binding. Then center your boot on the board. Your binding will not hit the snow unless you board is about 70* from the snow. Not likely unless you're on an alpine board, which you're not.

1.Center your boots in your bindings
2.Make sure all your bindings straps are centered on your boot
3.Move the binding so you have equal toe/heel boot hangover
4.Bomb hills with that board, making sure to run over any small children and little critters that get in your way.
Hit the nail...bam! I try to explain this to my friends when they see my heel hoops hanging over hehe. This is exactly how I have always set my stuff up. Taking the time at home makes the time on the hill much better! I center the boot based off the virtual center of the hole for the disk. Then adjust to ramp and mount up. On slotted plates I always go side to side and haven't needed to go up/down (edge to edge) with any setup yet.

Mount your boots off your foot in the bindings and set it on a flat surface to see what angle it will actually take to contact.

What size boot are you wearing though? 25.6 is fairly average and I wear an 11 on boards down in to the 24.X's number wise. It all depends on binding angle too.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

My boot size is 12. Will be downsizing to 11.5 next year though (Just buy my new Co2's and the NS premier F1-R... no more moniez ).
So far, the bindings arent exactly centered, since the back was sticking out way too much and getting me some heel drag. But now since I've adjusted the bindings forward a little, it seems to be just fine, and no toe drag either. So all's good.
Prophecies is offline   Reply With Quote