boots - brands and fit - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default boots - brands and fit

i'm looking for some new boots and last time i looked around the vans fit me pretty well. while it has been a while, i think i should try other brands and see how they fit because design and fit can change over time. i'm not asking what would be a good fit because obviously it's whatever fits my foot. but i was just curious if brands make a part of your choice even if fit should be the most important factor?

for example, a lot of people have had issues with 32's durability. some people have had some issues with dc's quality. if those were the only brands that could fit your foot, would you still risk it and go with that brand? or would you go with another brand that may not fit as well knowing that you may get better life out of it? i guess it doesn't apply just to boots but with outerwear in general. would you compromise better fit for a "better" company? discuss

Last edited by absoludicrous; 10-14-2009 at 12:01 AM.
absoludicrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would go with a boot that fits, even if the life may be questionable. Even if it doesn't last as long you are going to enjoy that short time a lot more than a long time with a boot that doesn't fit.
The[ak] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Augie09

agree with above, if you find something that fits and is not painful, go with it, no matter the brand, cost, or appearance.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

what if you find two boots and one fits perfect and the other not as well, but not a bad fit?

what if the boot that fits perfect only lasts half a season but costs as much as another boot that will last you at least a full season, maybe two? just curious since not all of us can afford to buy new boots every few months. is there a balance between fit vs. durability? or does fit always win no matter what?
Old 10-13-2009, 10:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Augie09

assuming they are the perfect fit...i'd go with the perfect fit everytime and try to make them last a whole season. I've had a few boots that caused me to lose toenails or cramp severly in the arch, so once i found one that caused no pain, I went with it. whenever it wears out, I'll buy another of the exact same boot.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

Try on as many pairs of boots in your price range .Everyones' feet are a little different,you are the only one
that can judge if they are comfortable or not.Even different models from the same brand fit differntly .
A proper fitting pair of boots are the most important part of dialing in your gear.Everything else can be adjusted to
fit around the boots,but your boots don't allow too much adjustment for your feet.
A ill fitting pair can be the deciding factor of a great day of riding or a horrible one
Jeff325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

alright well this is what happened to me before i picked my current boots. i found some boots that fit me very well. but that boot that i got was a piece of crap. it fell apart like after my 3rd day riding. not only was it a lower end boot, it was a soft boot. so even if it didn't fall apart, i don't think it would've lasted long anyways. well i returned them and paid for my fargos. they weren't as good of a fit, but they weren't a bad fit at all. no pain, pressure points, or cramps. they just didn't fit perfectly like the other boots around the top of my foot and toe. but i didn't get any heel lift either on the vans. they lasted me over 2 seasons and i'm glad i went with them since i can't afford to pay for 200 dollar boots every few months. this time around i'm wondering what i would do since i could find myself in the same situation again.

i would go with the fargos again but i've heard that their quality isn't as good as when i got them previously. i want to try out the cirros but the local stores don't have them in my size. so i'd have to get them online if i wanted them. i wanted to see if i could find a better fitting boot since i haven't tried any new ones on in a while. but then that's when i asked myself the original question. i hate boot shopping lol
Old 10-13-2009, 11:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Location: The red dot on the map says, an I quote, "You are HERE"

Most shopping sucks, and boot shopping is no exception. But it is well worth finding the PERFECT boot. Which is how I found my salomon boots. Though, I do admit I didn't spend much time looking around, I luckily stumbled on boots and couldn't be more satisfied with 'em.

So to put it simply: Get off your but and look for better boots.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #9 (permalink)

would you consider a better fitting boot that falls apart prematurely a "better boot"?
Old 10-14-2009, 12:06 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie09 View Post
assuming they are the perfect fit...i'd go with the perfect fit everytime and try to make them last a whole season. I've had a few boots that caused me to lose toenails or cramp severly in the arch, so once i found one that caused no pain, I went with it. whenever it wears out, I'll buy another of the exact same boot.
how do you make a boot last longer if they just fall apart with wear and tear?