Are these exceptional layers? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Are these exceptional layers?

So I have for my first layer under armor and this shirt that's like under armor. For my second layer I have fleece and some sweat pants that I guess act like a second layer. What should I use for my second layer for pants. My last layer is a RocaWear coat but longer and another jacket but this one and a lighter L.L Bean like light jacket thing. It's weather resistant. Which one? Are these good layers. On my head I wear a helmet and on my hands I wear gloves :P
ComicStix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2009, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Sweat pants are bad, anything cotton or even fleece like will suck up water if you sit down on the snow at all and just keep your ass we the entire day.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
desklamp

long underwater is nice. depending on the weather, i either use a midweight or a midweight+lightweight so i can strip off the lighter one if i get too hot.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicStix View Post
So I have for my first layer under armor and this shirt that's like under armor. For my second layer I have fleece and some sweat pants that I guess act like a second layer. What should I use for my second layer for pants. My last layer is a RocaWear coat
(Image omitted)
but longer and another jacket but this one and a lighter L.L Bean like light jacket thing. It's weather resistant. Which one? Are these good layers. On my head I wear a helmet and on my hands I wear gloves :P
Old post but.....
-Hopefully you have Underarmour Coldgear, which is thicker, and warmer than their Heatgear.
-A fleece jacket (which doesn't absorb much water) is good as a mid-layer
-Sweatpants are made out of cotton, and not a good choice for a mid layer if you get wet.
-Water resistant clothing as a shell for winter riding is not good enough unless you go riding on hardpack and NEVER fall down. You should get something that is has a waterproof/resistance rating. Some people say that you can get away with 10k (10,000mm) waterproof rating, but I prefer 15k and above, with poder skirts and fully taped seams. I ride over my ability level and expect to fall a lot trying stuff. Nothing puts a damper on fun like being cold and wet!
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote