Rome Flag with Burton Missions?!?! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 03:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cking86

Default Rome Flag with Burton Missions?!?!

First, has anyone had any experience with Rome boards?? I've been riding Burton's for eight years and want to try out the Rome world... Looking at the Rome Flag because I want to try out a wide board for the first time considering my size 11 foot. Also, I know Burton binding base plates are a totally different standard than most other companies...will I be able to use my Missions on a Rome board?

-Thanks, Chris.

Also, I usually ride 158's but am considering the Flag 160, is that a wise decision? I'm 5'11 165 pounds.

Last edited by Cking86; 11-17-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Did the missions come with the standard 4by4 baseplate? If not then you might have to buy some.

Oh and Rome are awesome, the Anthem gets rave reviews and the Flag is just the wide version so it'll be on the same level.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

With 11's, you still should be able to get by on a regular width board. What boots do you have?

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cking86

I think they might have come with the other base plates but I've lost them since I think, do they sell them at board shops? Also are Rome bindings any good compared to Burton's? And which would go nicely with the Rome Flag?
Old 11-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cking86

thirty-two lashed size 12 boots
Old 11-17-2007, 03:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cking86
I think they might have come with the other base plates but I've lost them since I think, do they sell them at board shops? Also are Rome bindings any good compared to Burton's? And which would go nicely with the Rome Flag?
People speak highly of their bindings, especially the 390's but I haven't tried them, gonna get a pair this season though. I don't mind Burton bindings but find the missions flimsy, much prefer the cartels. I just didn't like the way they fell apart pretty easily so thats my last time for burton bindings.
Snowjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned Bananas [national phenomenon]

Oh, you have 12's. Go with the Flag then, good choice. I have the 390s. Great bindings

alaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I just rode my Flag 168 for the first time on Saturday, and let me say compared to my Ride Decade this thing is like a freaking Lamborghini Muciellago! Super fast and uber responsive edge to edge. The flex is soft enough in the middle and stiff enough in the tail to really give you some nice pop to your ollies and lift off the snow. Best board I've ever ridden period. I have mine set up with Ride SPi bidnings but I'm going to pick up a set of Rome Targa's sometime this season to replace them. I am riding last years Flag, so this years will only be a bit better as it has a new core and I believe it has their new "Smart Base" for this year which adapts to snow temps making it not necessary to wax. You will not be disappointed I guarantee it
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
stunterguy

i have the missions from last year, great bindings, just remember to put your high back down before you get on the lift or you'll be like me last year and have to replace it