LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exclamation The Board Room Vancouver

Anyone dealt with these guys? Think twice before you do.

They had a sale over the weekend, 20% off Never Summer boards as per their Facebook page. I tried contacting them via email, no response, the online store didn't reflect the sale price.

I called them on Monday (last day of the sale) and they confirmed that the Never Summer were 20% off. So I wanted to buy one. The girl couldn't take my order because their "online guy" was away and needed to talk to her manager. On Tuesday I called back, confirmed that the board was still aside for me and they would give me the sale price. Again, the girl couldn't take my order and had someone call me back to take my order. I placed my order over the phone, again confirming the Jiblet 20% off. I was supposed to get a confirmation via email "in a few minutes". I didn't get a confirmation.

Today I noticed they charged me full price.

I'm trying to get a hold of them today, but buying something shouldn't be this hard.

-----------------------------

UPDATE: Kudos to Never Summer! Vince from Never Summer got involved and I got the refund immediately. I am super impressed with Never Summer!

Last edited by Zee; 10-28-2009 at 09:24 PM. Reason: update
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 12:47 PM

Earlier this year I saw they had a NS legacy for sale and phoned ahead to make sure they had one in stock. I live 4 hours away and was going to Van anyways and thought I would pick it up along the way. I get there and it was a used demo board. They already had it discounted because it was a demo but It was cheaper to buy a new one out of the states. The manager told me he would give me another $5 off because I wasnt told it was a demo and argued that if I bought from the states I would have to send it back myself if a warranty issue occured. I told him I live 4 hours away and was going to have to send it back myself anyways. Still no deal. I bought it online for $75 dollars cheaper and probably wont bother with them again.

They seemed like a cool shop and the staff was nice but I wont really go out of my way to shop there.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Finally got a reciept emailed... They are going to refund 20% when the guy can figure out how to do it. We'll see I guess.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 04:22 PM
NZJosh

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
had the same problem as you! was going to buy a NS from them in their sale period but being in New Zealand had to try do it by email... but only got one reply from 4 emails sent and by the time it was sorted out the sale was over
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I think I saw your post on Facebook...
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 05:42 PM
NZJosh

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
yea thats me... was going to buy a whole new set-up off them but with email customer service like that i flaged the idea
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
If it's a mixup due to miscommunication or just dumb staff, it's annoying but oh well. If they make it right in the end, as it seems they're doing without much hassle, then what more can you ask for? Chill out and make a thread if they told you too bad, or don't follow through with the partial refund.

16 Capita BSOD . 16 NS West . 15 NS Snowtrooper BIA . 13 Salomon Pow Snake
15 Now Drive . 14 Burton Genesis
14 Flow Hylite
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Maybe I have a lower tolerance for stupidity. Like I said, we'll see how it turns out. If it's all OK then I'll update the post.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quick update... Looks like I'm paying full price for this board. After numerous phone calls and emails and them saying they are going to do it, I have seen no refund for the 20% discount.

I suspect at some point they just expect me to go away and stop bothering them.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 11:03 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Hey Zee,

Sorry to see you had a problem, especially in that it had to do with our boards. The owner of Never Summer wanted me to contact you and let you know we will take care of the discount. Please email me your info vince@neversummer.com and we will resove this. We want you to have the most positive experience with our product from the start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Anyone dealt with these guys? Think twice before you do.

They had a sale over the weekend, 20% off Never Summer boards as per their Facebook page. I tried contacting them via email, no response, the online store didn't reflect the sale price.

I called them on Monday (last day of the sale) and they confirmed that the Never Summer were 20% off. So I wanted to buy one. The girl couldnt take my order because their "online guy" was away and needed to talk to her manager. On Tuesday I called back, confirmed that the board was still aside for me and they would give me the sale price. Again, the girl couldn't take my order and had someone call me back to take my order. I placed my order over the phone, again confirming the Jiblet 20% off. I was supposed to get a confirmation via email "in a few minutes". I didn't get a confirmation.

Today I noticed they charged me full price.

I'm trying to get a hold of them today, but buying something shouldn't be this hard.

They don't answer emails, they don't send receipts, and they don't keep their word.

BIG TWO THUMBS DOWN!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode