The Board Room Vancouver - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Exclamation The Board Room Vancouver

Anyone dealt with these guys? Think twice before you do.

They had a sale over the weekend, 20% off Never Summer boards as per their Facebook page. I tried contacting them via email, no response, the online store didn't reflect the sale price.

I called them on Monday (last day of the sale) and they confirmed that the Never Summer were 20% off. So I wanted to buy one. The girl couldn't take my order because their "online guy" was away and needed to talk to her manager. On Tuesday I called back, confirmed that the board was still aside for me and they would give me the sale price. Again, the girl couldn't take my order and had someone call me back to take my order. I placed my order over the phone, again confirming the Jiblet 20% off. I was supposed to get a confirmation via email "in a few minutes". I didn't get a confirmation.

Today I noticed they charged me full price.

I'm trying to get a hold of them today, but buying something shouldn't be this hard.

-----------------------------

UPDATE: Kudos to Never Summer! Vince from Never Summer got involved and I got the refund immediately. I am super impressed with Never Summer!

Last edited by Zee; 10-28-2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason: update
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Earlier this year I saw they had a NS legacy for sale and phoned ahead to make sure they had one in stock. I live 4 hours away and was going to Van anyways and thought I would pick it up along the way. I get there and it was a used demo board. They already had it discounted because it was a demo but It was cheaper to buy a new one out of the states. The manager told me he would give me another $5 off because I wasnt told it was a demo and argued that if I bought from the states I would have to send it back myself if a warranty issue occured. I told him I live 4 hours away and was going to have to send it back myself anyways. Still no deal. I bought it online for $75 dollars cheaper and probably wont bother with them again.

They seemed like a cool shop and the staff was nice but I wont really go out of my way to shop there.
GoggleTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Finally got a reciept emailed... They are going to refund 20% when the guy can figure out how to do it. We'll see I guess.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
NZJosh

had the same problem as you! was going to buy a NS from them in their sale period but being in New Zealand had to try do it by email... but only got one reply from 4 emails sent and by the time it was sorted out the sale was over
Old 10-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I think I saw your post on Facebook...
Old 10-15-2009, 06:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
NZJosh

yea thats me... was going to buy a whole new set-up off them but with email customer service like that i flaged the idea
Old 10-16-2009, 12:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If it's a mixup due to miscommunication or just dumb staff, it's annoying but oh well. If they make it right in the end, as it seems they're doing without much hassle, then what more can you ask for? Chill out and make a thread if they told you too bad, or don't follow through with the partial refund.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 12:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Maybe I have a lower tolerance for stupidity. Like I said, we'll see how it turns out. If it's all OK then I'll update the post.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Zee
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quick update... Looks like I'm paying full price for this board. After numerous phone calls and emails and them saying they are going to do it, I have seen no refund for the 20% discount.

I suspect at some point they just expect me to go away and stop bothering them.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hey Zee,

Sorry to see you had a problem, especially in that it had to do with our boards. The owner of Never Summer wanted me to contact you and let you know we will take care of the discount. Please email me your info vince@neversummer.com and we will resove this. We want you to have the most positive experience with our product from the start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee View Post
Anyone dealt with these guys? Think twice before you do.

They had a sale over the weekend, 20% off Never Summer boards as per their Facebook page. I tried contacting them via email, no response, the online store didn't reflect the sale price.

I called them on Monday (last day of the sale) and they confirmed that the Never Summer were 20% off. So I wanted to buy one. The girl couldnt take my order because their "online guy" was away and needed to talk to her manager. On Tuesday I called back, confirmed that the board was still aside for me and they would give me the sale price. Again, the girl couldn't take my order and had someone call me back to take my order. I placed my order over the phone, again confirming the Jiblet 20% off. I was supposed to get a confirmation via email "in a few minutes". I didn't get a confirmation.

Today I noticed they charged me full price.

I'm trying to get a hold of them today, but buying something shouldn't be this hard.

They don't answer emails, they don't send receipts, and they don't keep their word.

BIG TWO THUMBS DOWN!!!
The Chairman is offline   Reply With Quote