goggles that fit over glasses. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 05:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default goggles that fit over glasses.

does anyone else do this? i cant wear contacts anymore and was wondering what goggles to buy that would fit over glasses nicely
letsshredwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Too bad you can't wear contacts anymore, it's really the way to go for snowboarding (unless you can afford laser eye surgery)
As far as goggles over the glasses are concerned, check out the OTG Goggle by Smith. I haven't used it because I have contacts, but it gets great reviews.

Aren't you worried about when your goggles go flying off during a big tumble that your glasses will too?
chupacabraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the suggestion. i could easily break bones falling, but im not worried about that either.
letsshredwawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
jotate

I've been debating between OTG Goggles or some sort of large coverage prescription active shades. Couple months left to decide. Or bite the bullet and go back to trying contacts. I tried a few years back and spent weeks trying to force the fuckers into my eyes...never got them in. I can fling myself down a mountain, but I can't force my own eye to stay open.

Any thoughts on how well some prescription shades would do? Not traditional goggles, but I've been wearing just my normal prescription glasses that last couple seasons without having died.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

ive tried on the smith knowledge last year...but they are too big for my face...
so i end up getting contacts just for this reason and got a smith phenom asian fit! LOL

I believe the knowledge comes in two different model...one with fan and one without.

as for smith goggles, i have nothing bad to say about them. Dont think anyone would.
________
CuteSexySara cam

Last edited by w3iiipu; 08-21-2011 at 08:37 AM.
w3iiipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I find shades won't cut it in high winds at those sub-zero temps - the nasty nights that give you the boogercicles from your nose. I need skin protection, not just eye protection.

Might I HIGHLY recommend you get OTG goggles with the little battery power fan built in. Your glasses don't have anti-fog coating, unless you're willing to rub on cat-crap every few runs, but I've got no idea what that does to precription lens coating. The atmosphere inside your goggles gets real humid real quick.
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote