Bindings? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 08:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bindings?

I have been looking at bindings because I want to buy some. Any of you that have been riding for a while want to give some suggestions. I want something lightweight and good quality, but at a somewhat reasonable price. I like the flow because of the step in it allows, but I noticed that it doesn't have seperate straps amd someone mentioned that it not hold the toes down as well. I am open to opinions from experienced riders that may have tried multiple bindings. Thanks in advance.
brkou812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2009, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
dasenergi

What are you looking to focus on?

I've been riding in my flows for all mountain the past two/three seasons and I havent had a problem with them. In fact, I find them really comfortable for all mountain. Easy in, easy out, and nice pressure distribution over your foot (well, for me at least).
If you're looking to do park then you might want to consider something with a toe cap, it'll help you feel more rooted in your heels.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
kirlyfryal

if you want lightweight and great quality than i suggest rome 390s, great for park and pretty good for all-mountain
Old 10-16-2009, 10:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Flows are VERY comfortable and once you get them set up they hold your foot well. Bent Metal are great, simple, lightweight bindings. IMO people tend to put too much thought into bindings. Decide if you want a stiffer or softer binding and find a basic one that has an adjustable heel cup. The adjustable heel cup might not be that big a deal if you don't have big feet (but it might?) - as someone with larger feet I absolutely HATE bindings that don't allow you to adjust the heel cup. Other than that, if they hold your feet to the board...
No sense in spending big money on binders, IMO.
---NT--- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default Thanks

Thank you to those who have offered your opinions and info. Have a great season!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
herbbread

I'd also look into union bindings (Forces or Contacts). I've found those bindings to be really high quality, and not overpriced.

I haven't personally ridden flows, but I've heard the rear-entry bindings often offer less responsiveness than the traditional strap bindings (although they can be very convenient and comfortable). Although I've also heard flows have improved a great deal over the years.