Boot Fitters - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Boot Fitters

So last season when i was ridding at killington, about 2-3 hours into snowboarding my feet would freeze and become numb and very sore quickly. This didnt seem to happen when i was at Mt. Creek cruising on ice for several hours, only at killington where the conditions were actually good and i had to carve.

I wear Rx orthotics in my shoes and have put them in my boots and they take up to much room and are too stiff. I have F20's since i am a size 12 boot. This year i was thinking of going to a certified boot fitter. The shops around me have limited selection and want to show you one boot and then check you out. They are not trying to make me happy and comfy with my boots and rather just get my money and get me out.

My 2 choices are to either get new boots from a certified boot fitters and i have seem a few of them advertise that they will do it for free when you buy from them. My second choice is to take my F20's and have them fit to my foot.

I am wondering what a round-about price will be to bring my f20's to a boot fitter? Does anyone have experience with this? Will i be better off just starting fresh and getting a new pair and have them fitted?

Also, there is not many boot fitters that advertise for Snowboard boots. They mostly focus on Ski boots, If i was to bring my boots to them since they have a limited selection of snowboarding equipment, Would they be able to do just as good of a job as someone who advertises for snowboard boots.
Soawsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Nobody has any insight or help they can share?
Soawsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/gen...ce-guides.html
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Eh price is dependent on what they're actually doing and varies from shop to shop. My last shop I worked in it was 48 dollars an hour, 150 for the footbed, and then costs for other pieces and shit. More than likely its that you need a new orthodic that's custom built for snowboarding. Just go to a ski shop and talk to a ski boot fitter they'll know what's up.