New Board for Learning Boarder - to Rock or Not to Rock?!?! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
kalkooksoo

Default New Board for Learning Boarder - to Rock or Not to Rock?!?!

Ok…I have a 08/09 Burton Custom with the CO2 bindings. It carves like a mofo but seems pretty stiff and aggressive. I am fairly new to snowboarding at 40 years of age but I’ve managed to get good enough on steep blues which I can pound down. I think this board will serve me well to get better on steeper black diamond runs and bowls. However, I am trying to learn how to ride in the park, jib and do some moguls to keep up with my kids who are into that crazy stuff which frankly just gives my kids the opportunity to laugh at me when I bite it. I usually ride at Copper Mountain, Vail and Breck.

I am looking for a new board that will help me learn to do more of the trick/park riding but also have the ability to carve and turn well on steep groomers. Not sure if there is such a thing. I’m about 5’9” and 160lbs. The Burton Custom has a lot of camber and I’ve been thinking of getting a reverse camber or rocker type board. I have heard conflicting information on reverse camber boards…many make it sound its evolutionary and swear they won’t go back to camber, others say its just a marketing ploy.

Last question is, should I use the CO2 binding with the new board? If so, I’d have to get a BUrton board that has the EST binding set up. It’s not necessary that I get a Burton board…just didn’t know whether the CO2 would be good bindings. If something fits my needs better than a burton, I’ll just get a different set of bindings…which by the way, could you recommend bindings to go with the board you recommend?

Although I always like value, I don’t mind dropping some coin on a good board that fits what I need.

Thanks a lot for the help…

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

You should check out the Never Summer Rocker/Camber boards. Sounds like a SL-R or Evo-R would fit you well. Check them out at { 2009.2010 Collection } Never Summer Industries.

Some common liked bindings by the are:
Union Force
Rome 390/Targa
K2 Formula
etc...

Welcome to the site....Search around a little and you will find this topic and type of board is discussed and desired quite a bit!!
Old 10-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

if you're looking to start park riding, I suggest getting something not too expensive like the Capita Stairmaster(the board will take a massive beating). Though it is an entry level type park/jib board it will also handle speeds & jumps pretty well(its a great super fun board regardless of price). if your co2's are est's then I also recommend Union Force bindings. they're bombproof and are great for all types of riding. as far as reverse camber goes, you should def demo some before buying. IMO I love it but not all people feel the same way!

Last edited by return2heaven; 10-16-2009 at 07:53 PM.
return2heaven is offline   Reply With Quote