Gnu Carbon Credit Series Vs. Ride Machete - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
MidwestDivision

Default Gnu Carbon Credit Series Vs. Ride Machete

So i usually don't make these kind of threads but I want to know what you guys think:

I recently ordered a Gnu C.C.S. from my local shop and still waiting on it. I liked that it was in the $400 range, had banana tech, and had magna traction. I like how each deck is made by Mervin in WA. But what is bugging me is that they say the deck is for beginners to intermediates and that it has an extruded base(not really a big deal b/c it'll be easier for me to repair and I'm not worried about speed).

I have been riding for probably 12 or so years and just getting back into it after taking the last two seasons off. I started reading up on the Ride Machete and like what I see. I like that it is only $30 more, has slime walls, has lowrize rocker, and geared more towards the intermediate to experienced rider.

I'm not a big park guy but like to mess around in it. I like cruising the slopes and working on my butter tricks. Which do you guys suggest? Should I call and cancel my Gnu and get a Ride?

Thanks for looking!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the machete is marketed as jib specific ... it seems like its just a kink with lowrize .. its also very narrow check the waist widths b4 you commit to it... the dh2 from Ride is a little closer to the style of board that the CCS is
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritosandsnow View Post
the machete is marketed as jib specific ... it seems like its just a kink with lowrize .. its also very narrow check the waist widths b4 you commit to it... the dh2 from Ride is a little closer to the style of board that the CCS is
Woah woah, WHAT? Maybe you're confusing the Crush with the Machete. The Machete is stiffer in the middle and torsionally than a DH2 and much stiffer than a Kink. The Crush is the one thats basically the Kink with lowrize.

Honestly, I would choose the Machete. The Ride board designer spent forever getting the board dialed. More responsive in the middle and a little softer in the tips to help with jibs. Really good for someone looking for like a 70/30 split Mountain/Park but still wants a true twin. I came very close to getting that board this year. I prefer 3 stage anti-camber to rocker. I feel much more solid with the uplift outide my feet instead of between. And as ride says, "Don't bring a banana to a Machete fight!"

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
MidwestDivision

thanks for the replies. this is another thing that concerns me. The waist width on the machete is 24.7(155) and the c.c.s. has a width of 25.2(156). I wear a 9.5 boot and weigh around 190. I know with my weight I should be on a longer board, but I like my boards to be around 154-156.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I wear a 9.5 and ride a 24.7

Used to be on a 24.6 if I remember right. You'll be fine on the Machete.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote