Which boards - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2015, 05:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Default Which boards

Hello All,

Awesome forum here ...Lots of good information. A little introduction I have been snowboarding for probably about 5 seasons now and consider myself a intermediate rider. I like to charge the mountain fast but also like to play in the glades and off side hits. Like riding the mountain like a park but also like speed. I'm trying to decide what I should and shouldn't keep. Right now I currently have a 2010 Burton Deuce 155 with cartel bindings. I don't really ride this much anymore. I also have 2014 Capita Scott Stevens Pro Model 153 paired to switchback bindings and also a 2015 Never Summer Evo 4.0 152 paired to Union Contact Pro's. I ride mostly trisate/vermont with a yearly trip out west. I only got to ride the evo at the end of last season and for some reason find myself catching edges although that could just be that I'm not used to it. Only got to ride it once. I do like the different feel of the contact pro's and the skatey feel. Wanted to try something different. What would you keep?
SickSixSpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2015, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

it doesn't sound like the evo fits into your riding style (its a park board)
FrontRange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

I am aware that evo is a park board but isn't the capita scott stevens pro also a park board?...Also one of the reason's I decided to replace the burton is because 155 is a little big for me. it served me well in learning to ride but it was impossible to press for me. I ended up with the evo because I was looking for a board that would do well in the glades with quick heel toe response while the contact pro's kept it playful

Last edited by SickSixSpd; 10-20-2015 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My vote is the Stevens. Flat rocker is inherently more stable than RC. That and I actually trust Capita contructuon for length of liveliness more than NS.
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Flat Rocker definitely feels more stable than rcr. I really like the feel of the stevens. Was awesome at first. My problem with it is that I feel like my edge to edge transitions aren't as fast as I want it to be. Is it the bindings that I am not liking on the stevens? Oth the evo I just picked up at the end of last season. There may be a possibility that I could still switch it out for something. What would you do?
Old 10-22-2015, 12:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

dont sell anything before you try both pair of bindings on both boards. =P
SuperRalfons is offline   Reply With Quote