will i like my new board/bindings? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 03:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
space

Default will i like my new board/bindings?

i just bought a new setup. i am a fairly aggressive rider, i like to cruise and carve, bomb the mountain, and i dont spend much time in the park. i pretty much suck at riding switch and doing tricks but i like to mess around and practice while i ride with slower friends.

i love my old board, 07/08 Lib Tech Travis Rice 161.5 powder model with Ride Beta Bindings.

my new board, Never Summer Premiere F1 159 with Flux Distortion Bindings.

I went into my local shop looking for advice. i wanted a new set up that would be different than my old board, i dont want to completely shelf my old board but get something with a noticeably different feel. after much debate, the guy talked me into never summer and flux.

i have concerns about both the board and the bindings and still have time to trade them out if necessary. i have no doubt that this board will be great for freeriding, but will it work against me when i try to get better riding switch/landing switch?

are these bindings going to be too soft for me and end up being quickly replaced with a stiffer pair (without being able to return them)? i read that the flux distortions are great for the park and the guy still insisted they were right for me and i would love them despite me telling him that i wont be riding the park.

any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated, especially before my 14 day return window closes.

thanks

Last edited by space; 10-20-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
space

how about just this question: Flux Distortion...are they too soft binding for freeriding?

Last edited by space; 10-20-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
space

or how about: has anyone ridden the flux distortions?

any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think you'll love the board. It leans more towards all-mountain and your binding's recommended use(according to dogfunk) is "Urban, park, freestyle". I still have a lot of issues to work out with switch, myself. I don't think my binding stiffness will help or hurt that journey, though. To really wring that board out, you might want a stiffer binding. Rome Arsenals come highly recommend for that on this forum.
Kapn.K is offline   Reply With Quote