will i like my new board/bindings? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 04:17 AM
space

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
will i like my new board/bindings?

i just bought a new setup. i am a fairly aggressive rider, i like to cruise and carve, bomb the mountain, and i dont spend much time in the park. i pretty much suck at riding switch and doing tricks but i like to mess around and practice while i ride with slower friends.

i love my old board, 07/08 Lib Tech Travis Rice 161.5 powder model with Ride Beta Bindings.

my new board, Never Summer Premiere F1 159 with Flux Distortion Bindings.

I went into my local shop looking for advice. i wanted a new set up that would be different than my old board, i dont want to completely shelf my old board but get something with a noticeably different feel. after much debate, the guy talked me into never summer and flux.

i have concerns about both the board and the bindings and still have time to trade them out if necessary. i have no doubt that this board will be great for freeriding, but will it work against me when i try to get better riding switch/landing switch?

are these bindings going to be too soft for me and end up being quickly replaced with a stiffer pair (without being able to return them)? i read that the flux distortions are great for the park and the guy still insisted they were right for me and i would love them despite me telling him that i wont be riding the park.

any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated, especially before my 14 day return window closes.

thanks

Last edited by space; 10-20-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 11:49 AM
space

how about just this question: Flux Distortion...are they too soft binding for freeriding?

Last edited by space; 10-20-2009 at 12:01 PM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 01:03 PM
space

or how about: has anyone ridden the flux distortions?

any feedback is greatly appreciated.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think you'll love the board. It leans more towards all-mountain and your binding's recommended use(according to dogfunk) is "Urban, park, freestyle". I still have a lot of issues to work out with switch, myself. I don't think my binding stiffness will help or hurt that journey, though. To really wring that board out, you might want a stiffer binding. Rome Arsenals come highly recommend for that on this forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode