Legacy r , Bataleon Jam , or Ride Machete - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Droogandbrotha

Default Legacy r , Bataleon Jam , or Ride Machete

I do all types of Mt. riding, with only riding powder when on vacation (I'm in Socal and ride Mt. High or Bear Mtn.). This will be the first year I put any real focus on park riding, with jumps and spins. I normally would bomb, carve lazily, slither thru trees or jump here and there.

6'3" 230 lbs size 13 boot.

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2009, 06:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

Either the Jam or the Legacy-R would be fine for what you're looking to do. They're pretty much the 'do-it-all' boards of NS and Bataleon.

I wouldn't call the Machete a noodle, but I don't think it'd hold up as well as the Legacy or the Jam outside of the park.

My vote's on the legacy.
Thadwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would def say either the Bataleon or the NS....

I personally ride a Jam but I would've gotten an SL-R if there wasn't so many people around here that ride NS.

Your safe with either one. So I would just base it upon price, personally.

And we're close to the same size and I ride a 161W with Ride NRc bindings and I love it....
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Droogandbrotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
I would def say either the Bataleon or the NS....

I personally ride a Jam but I would've gotten an SL-R if there wasn't so many people around here that ride NS.

Your safe with either one. So I would just base it upon price, personally.

And we're close to the same size and I ride a 161W with Ride NRc bindings and I love it....
i wish bataleon had slightly more manly graphics tho. there's nothing like an ape like me riding down the hill with flowers or rainbows on his board. not that i'm insecure or anything haha. it's just on the weird scale.

ok so if to decide between the legacy and the revolver, i wonder if they are all that much different. i've read reviews on both, and it seems like the revolver/evo is slightly more park, and the legacy/slr is slightly more all mountain. they both seem like solid choices for a mixed use board.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Droogandbrotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadwood View Post
Either the Jam or the Legacy-R would be fine for what you're looking to do. They're pretty much the 'do-it-all' boards of NS and Bataleon.

I wouldn't call the Machete a noodle, but I don't think it'd hold up as well as the Legacy or the Jam outside of the park.

My vote's on the legacy.

yeah so machete is out then. also i just read the angry snowboarder review on it. he didn't seem to give it as much praise as the NS boards.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you are looking for a freestyle orientated all mountain board, then the Ride DH2 is better suited for your needs than the machete
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I can speak for the new Jam as far as graphics go.

It looked really bad online, but in person, the board is SICK... Super minimal and very clean looking. It also has a cool gold flake in the colors.

In america, rainbow colors and all that have a strong tie to homosexuality..... Which I'm not, and can relate with those that feel slightly uncomfortable riding a board that seems to reflect that. Apparently rainbows colors are a sign of friendship and peace in other parts of the world, and that's what Bataleon was shooting for. Bataleon is Austrian based after all ( =

But ya, as far as the Jam goes, it is a sick sick board in real life.. The online colors do not do it justice.

And this is coming from a person who's entire wardrobe of shirts, are black.

Got nothing but good things to say about my Jam
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default DH2 all-mountain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97 View Post
If you are looking for a freestyle orientated all mountain board, then the Ride DH2 is better suited for your needs than the machete
DH2 is ride's new sooper-noodle, no? According to Ride's feel-o-meter, it's like 80% 'buttery soft' and 20% 'hard charging response', not exactly my kind of all-mountain board. I was considering one, but I need an all-mountain board myself and a board that scores an 8/10 on the 'buttery soft' scale isn't for me .
Old 10-20-2009, 08:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadwood View Post
DH2 is ride's new sooper-noodle, no? According to Ride's feel-o-meter, it's like 80% 'buttery soft' and 20% 'hard charging response', not exactly my kind of all-mountain board. I was considering one, but I need an all-mountain board myself and a board that scores an 8/10 on the 'buttery soft' scale isn't for me .
You are reading that chart completely wrong. The more the scale is towards the hard charging response, the stiffer it is going to be. Just look at the Ride Kink, widely accepted as Ride's super noodle, which is ~40% on that scale. Now take a look at the Concept TMS or UL, which are widely regarded as Ride's best freeride/all mountain boards, and they have essentially the same feel-o-meter rating as the DH2. The DH2, concept TMS, and concept UL all use the carbon array 5 as well, compared to the machete which uses a carbon array 3 along with hybrid glass which is layed up at more angles for a stiffer feel.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

You're absolutely right. The feel-o-meter was too complex a method of information for me, it seems.