reverse camber pop? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
bkrael46

Question reverse camber pop?

i wanna get a board specifically for the park and i kno that reverse camber is amazing for rails. But i really want to hit the whole park not just the rails. So would a reverse camber board be good on jumps too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2009, 12:16 AM   #2 (permalink)

that would be a YES!!
return2heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
ChrisCart7

Yes a reverse camber board is good on jumps but the bigger the job the less control your going to have while on the run up,the air and on the landing. Reverse camber boards will work well on jumps its just if your hitting up the XXL Park i would suggest a regular cambered board, unless! you will be hitting rails most of the time, but since regular camber boards are basically just as good as reverse camber boards on rails (except that its harder to press on cambered boards) so you can make a choice from that info hopefully happy riding

Old 10-21-2009, 12:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Reverse Camber aka Rocker aka Banana Tech all means less pop. Boards with a combo of rocker/camber and Bataleon's TBT don't have that problem.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

if you want more pop but rocker you could also look at rocker boards that have carbon stingers, such as the k2 parkstar, capita indoor survival rome postermania and neversummer evo-r
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
bkrael46

what do u think about the horrorscope FK
Old 10-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

i have it, but i haven;t had a chance to take it on the snow, i heard its really poppy even without the carbon.
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I highly recommend reading these two posts.
The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Camber Theories Explained
The Angry Snowboarder Blog Archive Camber Theories In Use

Most people don't truly understand what does what with a board they just understand little product descriptions. If reverse camber was so loose and unstable then I wouldn't see friends of mine hitting 80 foot jumps throwing 1080 double corks with it on a daily basis and I wouldn't charge double cliff lines.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
bkrael46

thanks BA. i read them and it helped but im still a little confused. let me give you my situation and u can tell me what you think. Last year was my first year and i had to rent all year. It sucked but i went so much that i really got comfortable on a board. This year now that i will be getting my own stuff i really want to hit the park 90% of the time. And since i have a pass to my local hill and i live about 3 min away i will most likely be there around 5 times a week. I think that i will be able to progress quickly with that amount of time.Im getting all my stuff for christmas so my parents dont want to spend 500 on a deck. For some reason i am deadset on getting a capita. It seems like with them you get the most bang for your buck. I really like the stairmaster and the horrorscope and havent seen a bad review about either of them. Our tiny park has about 10 or 12 rails and a small jump a medium jump and a really big jump. I want to be able to hit everything. I have never ridden a reverse camber board but i have read alot of stuff and it seems like they are awesome for the park. Everything i have ridden about the horrorscope says amazing on rails and jibs. But im afraid if i get it it wont be good on the big jump. Also, Would this board be considered a "noodle".
Old 10-24-2009, 12:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

the horrorscope is definitely a "noodle". that being said, if your skills are there you can hit everything in your park depending on how big the "large" jump is...

check out the ultrafear fk
return2heaven is offline   Reply With Quote