Too FAT 4 board, now what? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
S.O.V

Default Too FAT 4 board, now what?

Hi Guys,

Just picked up a ROME AGENT 152 for the 09/10 season, pretty psyched about it. However, I was looking at the sizing chart for the board and it says its recommended for a weight range of 110-165lbs. I'm currently 185lbs & 5'7.5. What will happen when I ride this board and I'm 20lbs too heavy for it? Is it a bad thing or not a big deal? Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
MidwestDivision

I personally don't think its a big deal at all. I have always rode boards to small for my recommended weight size and never had a problem. People will tell you to get a board based on its weight range and not on length. Well I never wanted to have to throw around a deck that is almost 6 feet long. I weigh around 190-200lbs and I'll be on a 155 Ride Machete(115-165) this season. I'm 5'9 and picked the 155 because its just below my chin and the perfect size for my kind of riding. You'll be fine with what you picked to ride.

Last edited by MidwestDivision; 10-21-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:37 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ha..I'm currnetly 200lbs and my boards are 155's..You'll be fine the way I see it is as long as you don't have toe/heel drag and you have a comfortable stance your good. Hell I know this guy who's atleast 230lbs and rides 155 and kills everything.
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I will give you the opposite opinion, I think a 152 for your weight is way too small especially considering that board. The Agent is more of an all mountain board, the only way I could see a 152 for your weight would be a dedicated rail board. Weight is the most important factor in choosing a board so depending on what you want to do with it I would try and exchange it out for a 155.
tekniq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I rode a 152 WWW last season and Im your weight.

It wont be a big deal
Old 10-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/gen...too-small.html

why start two threads in a week asking the same question?
Cool_As_Cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidePowder View Post
I rode a 152 WWW last season and Im your weight.

It wont be a big deal
But the weapon is exactly the kind of board I think you would downsize on. If he got the Agent I would think he wants 155. If it is too late to exchange don't worry too much, its not like you wont be able to ride it, it just may not be ideal.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
S.O.V

But aren't the agent and the WWW very similar boards? Both are park oriented with all mountain abilities, why would you want to downsize a WWW and not an agent?
Old 10-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.O.V View Post
But aren't the agent and the WWW very similar boards? Both are park oriented with all mountain abilities, why would you want to downsize a WWW and not an agent?
I could certainly be wrong but I view the weapon as more of a noodle while the Agent is stiffer and designed to handle bigger jumps and more freeriding.

"Built, tested and proven as the leader in freestyle progression, the K2 WWW snowboard is designed for innovation in the streets, parks and everywhere in between. The WWW's Jib Tip design features a longer effective edge with shorter nose and tail allow you to drop down 5cm in board size without losing the stability of a longer board. Perfecting those jibs and butters is now easier than ever, as a soft flex and smooth predictable feel is what you can expect of this snowboard."

"Whether you get wayward on shred hitting massive park jumps, popping off groomed rollers, rewinding off stumps, or charging untracked lines, the Agent adds stoke to all side of the collective addiction. With a flex and feel that leaves the creativity up to the individual rider, the Agent will let you define your approach to snowboarding, not the other way around. For clearing ropes more easily, the new Reverse-V carbon stringer focuses your ollie power in the tail without adding any unwanted torsional stiffness."
Old 10-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

you'll be fine man, don't sweat it