Need Some Advice On Snowboard Deck, Bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 01:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need Some Advice On Snowboard Deck, Bindings

I got k2 raider boa 2008 boots and i had a crappy deck and bindings so i sold them and is getting new ones. I weigh 145 pounds and 5foot 3=160cm.Im a begginer even thoug i rode for 2 years i still suck. My feet are wide so please consider that and i'd like bindings that are easy to tie.I only need decent ones not like the best ones. Thanks you can ask me for more info about me for you to chose better deck and bindings for me. THX
tlatmdeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2009, 01:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

First of all, what type of riding do you like? There's free-style, that's more in the park with the ramps, jumps, boxes, and rails. Or there's free-ride more in the slopes, powder and maybe backcountry with the trees. Then there's the in between with all-mountain. What is your shoe size so we can determine if you need a wide board or not. Have you read the stickies by the way, tells you a lot of information to get started with. Like this one http://www.snowboardingforum.com/gen....html#post7108 .
gamer539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:36 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer539 View Post
First of all, what type of riding do you like? There's free-style, that's more in the park with the ramps, jumps, boxes, and rails. Or there's free-ride more in the slopes, powder and maybe backcountry with the trees. Then there's the in between with all-mountain. What is your shoe size so we can determine if you need a wide board or not. Have you read the stickies by the way, tells you a lot of information to get started with. Like this one http://www.snowboardingforum.com/gen....html#post7108 .
Yep firstly im the free-ride more in the slope, so just riding, not tricks or anything like that. And my feet size is 8~8.5(my boots are 8) and my feet are pretty wide.Thx
Old 10-23-2009, 02:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

i would say you dont need a wide board. since you have already had a k2 i would say that you should check out the never summer line. something like the sl-r. but if you are looking for something cheaper that you can progress in then maybe you should look at the Atomic line. probably something like the Banger. or if you are interested in some park riding in the future then you might want to check out the hatchet(gnarly board if you ask me) good for anything
))
CMSbored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

CAPiTA quiver killer would be sick for what you want. Designed as a "pipe board", but all that really means is that its slightly set-back, and slightly stiffer in the tail but with an overall solid park oriented flex. Basically all that means is that it turns out to be a really good board for a beginner. Lets you ride it everywhere but its not crazy stiff like a dedicated freeride board which makes it easier for beginners to ride due to its more forgiving flex.

And, CAPiTA is hella gnarly.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ok, so firtly how much is this CAPiTA and i need bindings also so could you recommend me a binding to?
Old 10-23-2009, 02:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

and can get some k2 formula bindings since you have their boots. it will be a nice fit. also, the formulas are a good binding anyways. but you dont have to get the formulas. you can get rome 390 or targas, or union forces
gotamahuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

Default Yes

Umm ok, that's a good idea k2 binding how much is that and where should i buy this? And what are some other options than k2 bindings cuz i dont like the brand but i only like my boots in k2.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

k2 is a pretty good company. if you check out the review from "angrysnowboarder" google that if you want to look, he uses mainly k2 formulas bindings. so you can't go wrong there. also you can order them online or go to a local shop. call around and see if they got any. i know christy sports have them
gotamahuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

i say you get the capita quiver killer with last years union forces.
i work in a shop so i know a thing or two about quality and tech.
the quiver killer is sweet, im really partial to capita.
also
in my opinion, the union forces are one of the best do-it-all bindings on the market, and at the right price.
around 140 for the bindings which is a good deal considering high end bindings can be like 300-400.
and a capita pairs up perfectly with unions.
alex is w0rd is offline   Reply With Quote