union binding heel cup question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default union binding heel cup question

ive ridden 06 cadet's, 08 datas, and 09 contacts. on the datas and cadets, the heel cup would slip back while riding, due to there being an open slot in the baseplate where the cup attatches instead of individual holes(like on the contact baseplate).

the question: has anyone ridden forces or datas from last season, or this season? is the design any different or has anything been done to stop this? i loved the feel of the datas, but i couldnt keep getting heel drag out of nowhere while riding.
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2009, 04:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

They supposedly fixed it for this season, last seasons did that. Just do what my buddy does, he loves Unions but has always had that issue. He drills out the holes bigger and puts in a nut and bolt from the hardware store to fix it. Personally I wouldn't ride crap that requires this though.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

You sure you're just not tightening them enough? I'm on last years forces with the same design and could barely get them to move with the bolt loose and had to hit them with a mallet to adjust them. I'd take them to a union dealer and let them know and see if you can swap them out with another set.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

I had this problem with 07 Datas, as did a number of people I know. I have not had this problem with my 09 Forces.
kimchijajonshim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
You sure you're just not tightening them enough? I'm on last years forces with the same design and could barely get them to move with the bolt loose and had to hit them with a mallet to adjust them. I'd take them to a union dealer and let them know and see if you can swap them out with another set.
exactly! i had to hit mine(last years forces) with a mallet also just to get them to move the tiniest bit...
return2heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

positive. couldnt tighten them anymore. when i tightened them as far as they could go, i would ride for a bit, try and hit a jump, heelcup would slip, heels would drag while trying to spin fronstide, get thrown off axis, and be pissed.

im gonna try them again this year. i just like the way they ride too much not to try. worst case scenario ill sell them to some kid at creek and tell him how much of a deal he is getting then ask him where he got his new haircut from
rgrwilco is offline   Reply With Quote