K2 Cinch Tryant, Rome Smith Boa, Sexy Burton Lux, Opinons - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009, 02:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
CkcJsm

Default K2 Cinch Tryant, Rome Smith Boa, Sexy Burton Lux, Opinons

Hi I'm a newbie snowboarder but I got my bindings and boots today. I bought my board a while back. The store is the only one near my house.
Anyways, my setup is
K2 Cinch Tryant Women Bindings, I just looked them up right now and it mentions its really heavy and I did not know that when I bought it. The employee said it was a good binding, not too stiff, with the cool feature. Also, what would the K2 Cinch Tryant be good for?

Rome Smith Boa Women Boots. I couldn't find any reviews on this, but it seems comfortable and Rome is a nice brand. Also, my big toe and 2nd toe touches the front a bit, but not too much pressure, should I trade it for a Burton boot that's .5 smaller? The smaller Burton boot I tried on today had my first three and half toes with more pressure touching the front and it made my right foot felt a bit numb, but my left foot was fine. The employee recommended me to buy the smaller sized one since it will pack out, but I bought the larger one.

And lastly Burton Lux 143. It looks sexy and reviews said it was good : D. So, no questions asked for this one.

And got Express Mini Universal Liquid Fluoro Wax due to the easy application. Don't want to iron stuff.

Thank you, sorry for the big essay haha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2009, 10:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
CkcJsm

Bumpyy : D Sorry, I need advice hhaha
Old 10-25-2009, 11:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

All I can speak for are the K2 Cinch's. They've got a reputation for being heavy, but folks should actually try picking them up before opening their mouth.

Cinch's have gotten lighter and lighter each iteration. They're no heavier than any typical Ride or Bent Metal bindings with their heavy (albeit VERY sturdy) metal base plates.

I like mine. I just sold them and I'm moving on to new ones. But the ones I had lasted me almost two seasons of heavy use without complaint or fail. Never a single dropped foot in hundreds of runs.

You're a newbie at boarding, the K2's are good bindings for you. Give them half a chance and you'll like them.

EDIT: And I LOOOOOOOVE my Boa boots. Granted, they're Vans Cirros, but I wouldn't trade Boa for anything.

And toss your liquid wax, it's useless. It comes off halfway down your first run. It's a scam. The only reason the companies make it is because people still buy it. You don't want to hear this, but hot wax is the only way to go.

Last edited by MunkySpunk; 10-25-2009 at 11:11 PM.
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

dont know much about womens binding but heres a review from shayboarder on one of last yr's cinch
Binding Review: 08-09 K2 Cinch Vette ? Shayboarder.com

i generally prefer rome's boot over burton coz they feel more comfortable...just go with which ever one thats more comfortable for you. If the boot feels lose on the smaller feet, u can always add padding to eliminate the extra bit of space.

hope u got the 09/10 lux...they look nicer then last yrs.

id recommend stick with hot waxing...if ur lazy to do it u can always take it in to the shop for a little fee. Unless u ride a lot or u ride on man made snow...u dont really have to wax that often at all...

it sounds like ur all set for the season...happy riding
________
BBW Cam

Last edited by w3iiipu; 08-21-2011 at 09:44 AM.
w3iiipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Looks like a fine set-up to me! No experience with the equipment, but all quality stuff.

Sounds like your boots fit just fine.

Have fun with your new equipment!
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
CkcJsm

Thanks! I couldnt find a review on it on the internet o.o. How'd you find it?
Also, if the bindings are to heavy what would the effects be when we board? Like we are slower, harder turns, better turns, etc.
And how much does it cost for someone to wax it? Can I use that wax if on the mountain the hot wax gets bad?

I still need a helmet and maybe wrist guards. xD I play a sport that having a wrist is curial, if I break it I'll cry D :. But, my parents are like you dont need them! lol.
Thanks! I really appericate it : D

Last edited by CkcJsm; 10-25-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkcJsm View Post
Thanks! I couldnt find a review on it on the internet o.o. How'd you find it?
Also, if the bindings are to heavy what would the effects be when we board? Like we are slower, harder turns, better turns, etc?
And how much does it cost for someone to wax it? Can I use that wax if on the mountain the hot wax gets bad?

Thanks! I really appericate it : D
shyboarder.com have plenty reviews on boards, bindings and boots...great site and shes a female rider too

im not too sure how heavy bindings would effect ur riding but my guess its just heavier when u carry it =p

waxing depends...u can get it as cheap as 5 bucks up to 10...usually if u buy ur board from ur local shop, they will do ur first wax for free. If ur riding on a mountain and for some reason ur board becomes dry(not likely), they can wax it for u at the tech shop(for a small fee) which will be so much better then ur liquid wax....
________
The Legend Condos Pattaya

Last edited by w3iiipu; 08-21-2011 at 09:45 AM.
w3iiipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:07 AM   #8 (permalink)
CkcJsm

Thank hehe. Does anyone else have an opinon on the K2 Cinches Tryant?
Old 11-13-2009, 09:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Having higher weight bindings won't really effect normal riding. The time it comes in is when you are jumping off flat, doing spins, and just overall fatigue through out the day. You won't notice the slight increase in fatigue and it only hurts jumping and spinning when you are right on the edge of your ability.
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:25 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CkcJsm View Post
Hi I'm a newbie snowboarder but I got my bindings and boots today. I bought my board a while back. The store is the only one near my house.
Anyways, my setup is
K2 Cinch Tryant Women Bindings, I just looked them up right now and it mentions its really heavy and I did not know that when I bought it. The employee said it was a good binding, not too stiff, with the cool feature. Also, what would the K2 Cinch Tryant be good for?

Rome Smith Boa Women Boots. I couldn't find any reviews on this, but it seems comfortable and Rome is a nice brand. Also, my big toe and 2nd toe touches the front a bit, but not too much pressure, should I trade it for a Burton boot that's .5 smaller? The smaller Burton boot I tried on today had my first three and half toes with more pressure touching the front and it made my right foot felt a bit numb, but my left foot was fine. The employee recommended me to buy the smaller sized one since it will pack out, but I bought the larger one.

And lastly Burton Lux 143. It looks sexy and reviews said it was good : D. So, no questions asked for this one.

And got Express Mini Universal Liquid Fluoro Wax due to the easy application. Don't want to iron stuff.

Thank you, sorry for the big essay haha.
Hey for you boots your want your toes to be touching the liner just barely. if your toes are cramped get different boots. comfy boots are really important if your feet arent comfortable your gonna be misrable on the mountain. also some boots will pack out about a half size once broken in
CaRMaNiA666 is offline   Reply With Quote