Union Force Differences - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Union Force Differences

Is there any differences between the Union Forces, Force SL, and Force MC.

I realize The MC's are lighter than the SL's, And the SL's are lighter than the Regular Forces.

Is there a difference in Stiffness/Responsiveness. I was considering getting forces for my park only board but was able to find SL's and MC's from last year that are priced closely to the regular forces from this year. Given the small price difference would it be better to opt for this years Forces with the new ratchets or get last years SL's or MC's for a tad more. Will the SL or MC be as forgiving in the park?

Also any differences In Comfort?

Last edited by Soawsome; 10-26-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Soawsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

the mc is loaded with carbon in the frame and highback, usually that translates to stiffness and responsiveness, good for riding fast and charging hard. if you want flex and softness, look at the contacts which are pretty damn light too. from handling the force, contact and mc, i'd say the force is marginally stiffer than the contact so it's a good all round choice. but mc for the price of forces is absolutely insane. where is this place you speak of?

anyone know what is the difference between the force and the data? according to the website, all the specs are the same. the only difference i can see is the highback cover on the data.
hanzosteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you can find MC at this year's Force price...jump on it... Most places don't have last year's MC in stock. The MC is super light and very repsonsive without being super stiff..As far as the new ratches...I am not sure what's the real difference. I notice the toe cap ratches are now hollowed out on the cage just like the heel straps, other than that, I can't find much information on the mechanical changes between the two. Never had a problem with the 08/09 ratches on my MCs though..
ScBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

It was at a local store. i went back to go buy them and the guy told me he missed quoted me.

They were priced at $300 for the MC's and $175 for last years SL's

The guy also offered me this years SLs for 20% off making them $224

Before seeing these deals i was set on getting this years data's for $239(from a different store than the one offering the discount).

I will be only freeriding on these bindings So i originally decided on the data's because i heard they are slightly stiffer and more padded than the forces. what are the differences in stiffness and padding between these?

I would like to hear everyones opinion on which i should choose. Price is not an object, but i don't think spending extra for the MC's are worth it since i heard they are not comfy.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Nobody has any insight?
Old 11-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

can you guess what carbon does in the cold

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:02 AM   #7 (permalink)

I could make lots of guesses. If your suggesting something please explain
Old 11-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

bump
Old 11-06-2009, 08:54 AM   #9 (permalink)

get the forces or data for park only, but i would say actually more all-mountain. forces fanboys praise the flex. i've only played with them on the shelves, but my datas seem identical to the forces with a marginally stiffer highback - their basically identical. union's own literature says the mc and sl are geared towards freeriding - stiffer, lighter, less ideal for park. your original post said park only, your second post says freeriding. but i must say, the price you were quoted for 2010 sl and mc are pretty tempting if that's how you intend to ride.

Last edited by hanzosteel; 11-06-2009 at 09:01 AM. Reason: correction to OP
hanzosteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have the Data's and they are slightly stiffer heel to toe flex wise than the Force's side to side flex is identical. If you're free-riding, the SL or MC is the way to go but I'm wary of Carbon in the winter as everyone I know that has any type of carbon fiber binding has broken them...
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote