Any board suggestions / recommendations? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 10:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Any board suggestions / recommendations?

First off any help is greatly appreciated.

Well where to start... I've been riding for about 15-17 years but haven't ridden in 4-5 years. As I'm looking at boards I'm noticing there's been a ton of changes to boards and the industry...FWIW, I rode alot previously and considered myself I high level rider. Worked on the parks and lived at mountains for a few years, also worked in a shop for a few years as well. Something I've learned in life is to admit what you don't know. I've ridden and owned a ton of boards from the old Morrow's including the Spoon Nose, rode Solids for 2 years (still my favorite park board), Burton's (Brushie, 2nd Terje model...wasn't a big fan of either), Lib's (loved them for all mountain), Joyrides, Movement's (the older Movements), Forums, and a Soloman (550 model and couldn't stand it).

Well, now I'm 35 (6' and 185 lbs), won't go in the park much if at all and will only ride 12-20 times. I've always preferred a neutral riding softer board but I don't know if that was more of a park thing. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations? With the new magna traction stuff and reverse camber I'm lost. I always rode between a 152 (park stuff), 158 (all mountain and later park) and a 164+ (powder). Have the advances in technology changed the sizes people are riding? I was thinking 159-161 area. Any ideas, suggestions, recommendations?

As for boots, I wore the Vans Jaime Lynn's the last couple years and loved them, so I'd like to stay with a little stiffer boot.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to read that and any help is appreciated (if I should post this elsewhere please let me know).
mallrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

No replies?

Any recommendations for a good all mountain board? I've always preferred something on the softer side, I'll go in the park probably 10-20% of the time. Some boxes and pretty much no rails.

last board was a 2000 Lib Jamie Lynn 157. Gained about 20 lbs since then...157-159 ok?
mallrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:07 AM   #3 (permalink)

There's a whole bunch of threads that can answer this question for ya. just search "all mountain" and you find a bunch of good info.
Cool_As_Cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

i would look at gnu . i ride last years danny kast MTX and use if for all mountain from deep pow to quick laps in the park with no stance changing . i really love the banana with the magna trax .super buttery . just my 2 cents

THE JIB CRIB - THE WORLD'S BEST INDOOR SNOWBOARD RACK - Home

LIVING 2 KILL IT
Mountainmenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainmenace View Post
i would look at gnu . i ride last years danny kast MTX and use if for all mountain from deep pow to quick laps in the park with no stance changing . i really love the banana with the magna trax .super buttery . just my 2 cents

THE JIB CRIB - THE WORLD'S BEST INDOOR SNOWBOARD RACK - Home
You mean BTX?
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

yep your rite i ment BTX

LIVING 2 KILL IT
Mountainmenace is offline   Reply With Quote