All-Mountain Board My Last Question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default All-Mountain Board My Last Question

Sorry for being annoying i decided to make this question my last. So please dont complain this time and please answer for the last time Anyways, i decided to go soft, with Union Contact. Here are my questions

1.Is it ok to rider soft board/bindings with stiff boots or shoudl i just make them all stiff( i cant change my boots cuz i already have them)

2.Is SL-R considered soft for an All-mountain board? Or should i get EVO-R instead of SL-R if i want softer board?(i dont want it too soft)

3.Under $500, is there any better choice than sl-r for myself? (I heard Lib Tech is good) Please list your reason why it's better thx

For Info
5 foot 3
140LBS
ALL MOUNTAIN/FREE RIDER
BEGGINER
RIDING PLACE IS VANCOUVER

I know it is annoying and shit so i decided it to be the last question so please dont swear or anything in this thread.

Please answer it like

1.whatever
2.whatever
3.i don't know i will pass it on.
sse9011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Patrickadizzle

God damnit dude, keep it to one thread holy crap.

All the information you need is in every thread you have made under all the accounts you have created, not to mention there is a surplus of information on the web regarding your questions of stiffness of a board/bindings/boots.

Last edited by Patrickadizzle; 10-27-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Nobody help him. This is pathetic kid, you have made about 10 different threads for the same thing.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I need a name View Post
Nobody help him. This is pathetic kid, you have made about 10 different threads for the same thing.
What, he just doesn't like the answers he is getting?
AWNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Just to cut through the crap. Dude don't over think these things.

1.You will overflex soft bindings with super stiff boots.

2. Don't over think these things. I bet you will not even be able to tell the difference between the two boards.

3. Again don't over think these things. Go with the evo-r or sl-r to not over think it. GNU is good too just kinda glance at their all mountain boards and if something grabs your eye maybe look into it. Again I bet you will not be able to tell the difference.

The main thing is dont over think it. Whatever you find within a general area of boards will work for you. Did I mention to not over think it? Which is exactly what your doing right now

Last edited by stoepstyle; 10-27-2009 at 08:59 PM.
stoepstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoepstyle View Post
Just to cut through the crap. Dude dont overthink these things.

1.You will overflex the bindings with super stiff boots.

2. Dont overthink these things. I bet you will not even be able to tell the difference between the two boards.

3. Again dont overthink these things. Go with the evo-r or sl-r to not overthink it. GNU is good too just kinda glance at their all mountain boards and if somthing grabs your eye maybe look into it. Again I bet you will not be able to tell the difference.

The main thing is dont overthink it. Whatever you find within a general area of boards will work for you. Did I mention to not overthink it?
To restate this post in simple terms...

Don't over-think it.
ColinHoernig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Patrickadizzle

and remember to have fun, you 14 you shouldn't be stressing about details on 400+ dollar setups you won't even notice when your riding. just enjoy it.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickadizzle View Post
and remember to have fun, you 14 you shouldn't be stressing about details on 400+ dollar setups you won't even notice when your riding. just enjoy it.
Yeah seriously its supposed to be fun. As long as you got something you can make the most of it. I have as much fun shredding on my GNU Street series that I picked up for 140$ as my never summer Legacy-r for 500$

Last edited by stoepstyle; 10-27-2009 at 09:09 PM.
stoepstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

i just want to also state that the sl-r will feel softer than most boards because of the RC tech. so it will "feel" soft already. either way u go you be happy. i suggest the SL if it is ur only board
gotamahuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Guys thanks a lot for the help. I decided to just go with SL-R. I really got stressed but i thought i should it's 400 bucks i can get a new ps3+ other stuff for that moeny so im just paranoid... But thx i decided to get SL-R and i will think about other brands later.
sse9011 is offline   Reply With Quote