Powder Boards! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
dylfoot

Default Powder Boards!

I need a powder board, what do you guys think?
I'm 5'11 160 pounds
I'm an extremely proficient snowboarder, but always lived on the east coast and never needed a "powder board"
I'm moving to Telluride, CO to work on the mountain and gotta get an idea of what kind of board to buy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
blindpig

I decided on the Bataleon Undisputed for mine (picking it up in a week or two). Only have heard great things about it. Have fun working in Telluride! I really want to get up there one day. Looks like a blast!
Old 10-28-2009, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

u can try the burton malolo or supermodel x. both boards have a taper to them which is great for floatation. The malolo has a 20mm taper to it which "CAN" make it more effective in the pow.

the sprmodel has less taper which will still help u in pow as well as groomers or hard packed as compared to the malolo. Just remember when buying a powder board make sure to down size by 2-3cm
Old 10-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

capita charlier slasher is the powder board I'm eyeing for my quiver. Tapered, raised tip and tail, what else could you want?
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What kind of pow riding are you looking to do? If you want just directional not going to spin off cliffs and shit I'd look at something like the Never Summer Summit. If you're going to be spinning and shit I'd do the K2 Gyrator or the Charlie Slasher or even go to the never summer premier f1.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
eternalsnow.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
What kind of pow riding are you looking to do? If you want just directional not going to spin off cliffs and shit I'd look at something like the Never Summer Summit. If you're going to be spinning and shit I'd do the K2 Gyrator or the Charlie Slasher or even go to the never summer premier f1.
Second on the K2 Gyrator or Capita Charlie Slasher. Both sweet boards, both built for pow, both fantastic to ride. Malolo and Fish are up there, too. But the camber designs of the Capita and K2 won me over. They like the deep stuff, and ride great on chopped up pow, groomers, etc. Super fast, stable, floaty.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you've got the money to drop, then look at the Ride Slackcountry as well. Backcountry.com's editor's choice. Superlight tech board with highrize rocker.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Telluride is the dopest! I would recommend having Wagner skis/winterstick build you a custom shred stick. They operate out of Placerville which is really close to T-ride. The locals would definantly appreciate the local product. or get a board from venture snowboards which operate just out of Silverton. Silverton is just on the other side of the mountains and would be a great place to use your new powder board too.

Last edited by ElChupocabra; 10-28-2009 at 03:45 PM.
ElChupocabra is offline   Reply With Quote