which bindings? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
whoopwhoop

Default which bindings?

Ready to pull the trigger on a new set of bindings but I can't make up my mind. I'm stuck beween Flow NXT-AT's and Ride nitrane contrabands. As far as my riding style I'm mostly all mountain. I spend very little time in the park but when I'm in there I'm hitting the big booters and the pipe. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2009, 10:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

why those two? flows aren't that great and the contraband are meh. i perfer the traditiional two straps. the contrabands are already $250. so why not get rome targa ($250) or k2 formulas (190) or union force (200).

just my .02 cents
gotamahuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
eternalsnow.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotamahuy View Post
why those two? flows aren't that great and the contraband are meh. i perfer the traditiional two straps. the contrabands are already $250. so why not get rome targa ($250) or k2 formulas (190) or union force (200).

just my .02 cents
^ I like this guy.

All 5 are great bindings, and all have their place. The Contrabands work great, the tech is solid. Flows are super easy for lift in/out, and way better than the stigma they received years ago. Both of these are highly recommended if that's the sort of binding you're looking for.

But, I am a traditional two-strap kinda guy, especially since my first pair of T9s years ago with the first Baltimore cap strap.

My rec for traditional: Rome Targas, Union Force, K2 Formula. In that order.

And, my rec for non-traditional: Flow NXT-AT SE, Ride Nitrane Contraband, K2 Cinch CTX, K2 Auto Ever.

All high-end. Materials, weight, response, comfort all make the extra penny worthwhile. If you're after Flows and want to save a few, hit up the Flow Quattro SE, at $200 they're damn good for easy-in.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I've heard nothing but good things about the Targa's and Force's. I personally ride Force's and love them to death, everything I've heard about them seems to say they're pretty bomb-proof too
Kanilas is offline   Reply With Quote