help me decide between these boards - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 12:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
xtreme23

Default help me decide between these boards

looking for some opinions on these boards for a friend whos looking to start snowboarding and progress quickly. he's 6'1" and 165lbs so some board sizes would help.. i was thinking around 155-160.

all boards are going to be 08/09 model and will be mounted with 07 cartels w/ 07 shaun white boots

O-Matic Boron
Rome Agent(i kno this is considered a intermediate/advanced board but i figure it was a good enuff all mtn/park board to put on the list)
Ride Control
Arbor Formula
Nitro Volume
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
xtreme23

bump.. looking to get his board tonight at ski dazzle so help soon wud be appreciated
Old 10-29-2009, 11:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Rome Agent 156 is what I would suggest.
AWNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
dmw7752

^^ I agree. The Rome is definitely the best board on that list. I've ridden an agent and they are nice. I have a Rome flag now. If he is a complete beginner it sounds like the 156 would be a good size for him too. Nice choice AWNOW.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
xtreme23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw7752 View Post
^^ I agree. The Rome is definitely the best board on that list. I've ridden an agent and they are nice. I have a Rome flag now. If he is a complete beginner it sounds like the 156 would be a good size for him too. Nice choice AWNOW.
u guys dont think the agent wud be too advanced for him since he is just starting out?

also.. what would be your second and third choice after the rome agent? esp since the others are cheaper

Last edited by xtreme23; 10-29-2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
xtreme23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
You may have already picked up a board, but to answer your question, no, the Agent will not bee too much board for a beginner. While it performs to intermediate/advanced level, it remains a very forgiving, easy board to ride. I can`t really speak about the others because I have`nt ridden them.
nope not yet.. going today instead. he's looking to spend more towards 150 and maybe max 200 which is why i was looking at maybe getting him the Omatic or something as cheap to learn on and progress as much as he can then purchase a much better board in a year or two