2009 online boards? / what stick to grab? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 01:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
HaveHope

Default 2009 online boards? / what stick to grab?

I am curious where to buy some last season 2009 boards online. I have been searching the net but have not come up with much. I have filtered threw the online stores on the forum but they are selling mostly 2010 decks.

Also, i am undecided on what kind of board to get. I have been out of the snowboarding game for over 5 years now and i am unsure of how the sport has progressed and what some of the hot boards are. What would be some of the best 2009 boards for me to look at?

Interested in mostly jibbing and jumps but love to just cruise from time to time.

6 Foot tall / 175 lbs / Size 11.5 foot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2009, 12:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

You've mention jibbing, jumps and cruising which are all a bit different for stiffness and even shape. But since we both live in Ontario, I know you won't much powder and probably jib around alot around the hill. Go with anything twin that a bit soft, but not super soft for your weight. An Artifact, Signal Park, Kink, Dom, Jibstick, Jibpan ect would probably be too soft for you. Save on Signal OG Series Wide Snowboard 155 - Mens Snowboards Snowboarding Gear Equipment That is a super nice all round board. It's soft enough for you to jib on, I am 150lbs so it was more of a stiff board for me to jib on. But it's Twin, has a soft tip and tail for presses, but is very poppy and a bit stiffer between the feet for control while ripping if the park is packed or you wanna do some drops. I ride a Signal Park Series and it's my current favourite. If I were your weight and height I'd be riding this for my primary deck. Park Series is very soft, but lets you jib like a pro.

Check this site out, I've ordered from them before their shipping rates are super cheap, but be ready to pay 50-60 bucks in brokerage to Ontario (apparently you can clame the GST back on tax return, but that's like 15 bucks =P). All in all, you'll pay about 100 bucks in shipping and save like 200 bucks. MSRP is way different in Canada too. If something is 300$ US MSRP it's like 480 CAD MSRP. Which sucks because 300 USD it only like 330 CAD. So ordering online isn't a bad idea, if you keep in mind the 100+ for shipping. Good luck feel free to post some choices, I recommend Signal Omni and Park Series to everyone too. I love Signal and Stepchild. But NS, Bataleon, Venture are all great too.
Anor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 07:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

FORUM 09 Recon Wide Snowboard 158w
Market price: $299.95
Our price: $239.95

Or my selection for you would be stiffer for jumps and your weight:
FORUM 09 Raider Wide Snowboard 157w
Market price: $389.95
Our price: $319.95
Suburban Blend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

Never Summer Evo 151cm Snowboard *NEW on eBay.ca (item 270476218963 end time 02-Nov-09 23:50:54 EST)

sexy as fuck evo. A few years old, not sure how many.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

This past spring would have been your best time to buy. I got the '08/'09 evo R for my son for about $235 delivered. You looking for new or would a nice used do? Craigslist, maybe?
Kapn.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
pitt50grind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Blend View Post
FORUM 09 Recon Wide Snowboard 158w
Market price: $299.95
Our price: $239.95

Or my selection for you would be stiffer for jumps and your weight:
FORUM 09 Raider Wide Snowboard 157w
Market price: $389.95
Our price: $319.95
I actually ended up getting the raider wide, I'll post back later after I give it a few runs.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
technine42

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveHope View Post
I am curious where to buy some last season 2009 boards online. I have been searching the net but have not come up with much. I have filtered threw the online stores on the forum but they are selling mostly 2010 decks.

Also, i am undecided on what kind of board to get. I have been out of the snowboarding game for over 5 years now and i am unsure of how the sport has progressed and what some of the hot boards are. What would be some of the best 2009 boards for me to look at?

Interested in mostly jibbing and jumps but love to just cruise from time to time.

You should have looked for 09 boards like 3 months ago before the 2010 gear came out when everything was on sale.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
HaveHope

Quote:
Originally Posted by technine42 View Post
You should have looked for 09 boards like 3 months ago before the 2010 gear came out when everything was on sale.
Agreed, i should have. I didnt decide until about a month ago that i was going to get back into snowboarding. Ah well.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveHope View Post

look at the burton custom WITH V-rocker(triple negitive camber)
flame on for recomending the burton
neversumer also is making a sick reverse camber board and libtech skate banana....
The_Guchi is offline   Reply With Quote