Boots too soft: K2 Raider? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Boots too soft: K2 Raider?

I have K2 Raider boots. I feel that maybe they are too soft but im not sure it really could just be me.

If I am wearing them and I lean forward really hard(not strapped in to snowboard) they flex a lot (and squeak).
Is this normal? Are some boots significantly softer/harder? Do you guys' boots flex much or is it stiffer?
They costed $200 and are Boa.

I ride green(to mess around) and blue trails but go really fast. I like to go fast. Serious carving/Black diamond runs aren't my thing. I like to ride park a bit(60% of my time) and I plan on doing it more this season(just ordered a new softer snowboard for that) Im like high intermediate probly.

So do you guys think I should get a different boot? Or should I stick with what I have.

Im 5'7(prly lil more) 150lb size 12

Thanks a lot in advance.

This is my boot btw if it helps K2 Raider Boa Coiler Snowboard Boots at REI.com

This years, similar to last(what i hav) Boots | Raider Boa Coiler | K2 Snowboarding

Last edited by ifresh21; 10-29-2009 at 10:05 AM.
ifresh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Personal Preference. Know it, Learn it, live it!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Ba's correct ( of course ) theres no right and wrong its just up to what suits you best. There are softer and stiffer flexes on boots just as there are on boards and they follow pretty much the same rule .. softer boots like softer boards are more jibby park oriented and stiffer boots like stiffer boards are geared towards aggressive back country, pipe etc .. now thats not to say these rules are set in stone its just a generalization hence the personal preference
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
dmw7752

I would imagine if you spend 60% of your time in the park, and you don't do serious carving, then a mid-flex boot is exactly what you need. This boot seems like a perfect match up to your riding style. Just my thoughts though, like stated above, it ultimately comes down to preference.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:59 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw7752 View Post
I would imagine if you spend 60% of your time in the park, and you don't do serious carving, then a mid-flex boot is exactly what you need. This boot seems like a perfect match up to your riding style. Just my thoughts though, like stated above, it ultimately comes down to preference.

Well you have raider boots right? How do you like them? Do you think their soft?
What kinda riding you do?
Old 10-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifresh21 View Post
Well you have raider boots right? How do you like them? Do you think their soft?
What kinda riding you do?
Personal Preference!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Personal Preference!
I can't take every snowboard boot to the mountain and see how I like them

And I don't want to make another uninformed decision and just buy whatever especially if theres no difference.

It doesn't hurt to see how other people like something
Old 10-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
dmw7752

Well if you want to know about what others think... Yes there is a big difference in the flex of boots. Some boots are stiff as a board while others are super-soft. I had a pair of Rome Folsom boots and they were extremely stiff. I thought that is what I wanted, but found them a little too aggressive, even for my riding style. I like to bomb the blacks and I just didn't feel comfortable in the Folsoms. I now have the exact same boot you have, the Raider Boas, and I couldn't be happier. They have a little give that make them comfortable, but responsive, to carve in, and are more forgiving on some of the park stuff than the stiffer boots were. Beyond that the boa system is sick. If you liked the boa system but want something a little different check out the Vans Aura boot. They have dual boa zones and *I think* they are a little stiffer than the raiders. If I had the money those are the boots I would buy. Def. try them on though, most ski shops will carry them.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifresh21 View Post
I can't take every snowboard boot to the mountain and see how I like them

And I don't want to make another uninformed decision and just buy whatever especially if theres no difference.

It doesn't hurt to see how other people like something
Boot flex is going to vary from person to person I think my K2 T1 DB's could be stiffer, most people that would put them on would probably find them too stiff. Is a 200lb guy going to flex a boot the same as a 100lb guy? No, try them on in the store and see how they feel flex em a bit and if it feels like what you want there you go.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks Dmw.

I like the idea of dual boa ill check those out.

Good to hear that my boots aren't like insanely soft. I thought maybe that was the case but I guess they are about average.

The thing tho is when I put on bindings theres way more support. Idk if thats how it should be or what.
I sound like a noob lol and Ive been riding for like 5 years.

Last edited by ifresh21; 10-29-2009 at 01:03 PM.