daddies board shop - sale this year? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

I was waiting for this sale, but I'm sad that the percent off isn't as high as last years, and Bing with Backcountry was higher, and they ran out of my size =(.

Anyone order directly from Never Summer? Do they just sell at MSRP or lower, and what do they do with shipping price? How bout if you go to the factory =P?
gamer539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer539 View Post
I was waiting for this sale, but I'm sad that the percent off isn't as high as last years, and Bing with Backcountry was higher, and they ran out of my size =(.

Anyone order directly from Never Summer? Do they just sell at MSRP or lower, and what do they do with shipping price? How bout if you go to the factory =P?
Just FYI it wont happen again. From an email conversation i had during last years sale from Melanie the co-owner with her son..

Quote:
We honor our “on-line” price in store all the time. I did just
receive an email from Neversummer and they are telling us
to put the boards back up to the correct pricing so I know
that my son has to comply with that.

Best Regards,

Melanie Loveland
Daddies Board Shop, LLC
7126 NE Sandy Blvd.
Portland, Oregon 97213
503-281-5123
From NS
Quote:
“It has been brought to our attention that our snowboards are being listed 'off-price' on your website. We have had this same issue with another online dealer, ***********. We have already talked to them and they have raised their pricing back up to our suggested cost. Please raise your prices back up as soon as possible.”
Basically NS slapped their hands and told them not to sell them so cheap i guess...i'd be interested to hear why they would do something like this from Vman...if i had to guess its because they only sell to authorized dealers and with them undercutting everyone so much nobody else was getting sales.

I cant complain though, they didnt have to and gave me like 15% off + a free wax...very excellent shop.

Last edited by arsenic0; 11-10-2009 at 10:21 PM.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:39 PM   #13 (permalink)

Hmm that kinda sucks for me as I just bought my SL-R from them just last week and should be getting it from UPS tomorrow or Thursday. Should have waited another week to order it.. Bah!
Free_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

Default Daddies Anniversary Sale

Hey guys, we are having a 14 year anniversary sale from Nov 10th-19th for 10% off and free shipping.
Discount Code: 14YEARSDBS (don't wait until the last minute, the code expires in its own time zone, not yours!)

Check out all the new goods, Burton too! DADDIES BOARD SHOP

It is not like last year but we all know what happened in October of 2008 - the consumer went on strike and NOTHING sold so there were crazy discounts by all retailers that you probably will not see again. If we did that every year we certainly would not be in business for our 15th birthday.

So make hay while the sun shines. Sales of snow gear is starting to take off and that is good for everyone, consumers and retailers! Thank you to everyone, especially those Never Summer fans out there. We owe it to you!

Thanks,
Sarah
Need Proof? Visit our Customer Reviews

FOLLOW OUR DEALS ON FACEBOOK!
Daddies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

Default Daddies Board Shop Black Friday - Cyber Monday Sale is ON!

Hey everyone - I just put the Thanksgiving weekend sale in effect.

DADDIES BOARD SHOP THANKSGIVING SALE
DISCOUNT CODE: 2009BLKSNOW
15% off 2010 Snow Gear + FREE UPS GROUND SHIPPING IN THE LOWER 48 STATES!

Rome Snowboards
Rome Bindings
Flux Bindings
Vans Boots
Burton Snowboards, Boots, Bindings, Outerwear
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Helmets
Salomon Snowboards & Boots
686 Outerwear
Arbor Snowboards
Roxy BTX
+ MORE!

**Excludes Never Summer and Lib Tech - basically NS and Lib Tech are totally sold out at the factory and we are even selling through on certain boards at this point, for example we only have one 169 Never Summer Titan TX left so they are going fast this year. Get while the getting is good!

Email me with questions!
Thanks,
Sarah
Need Proof? Visit our Customer Reviews

FOLLOW OUR DEALS ON FACEBOOK!
Daddies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Very cool Sarah, thanks for the info! I'm pleased to see that the shop has a rep on this forum. Wish more shops would have a presence here
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenic0 View Post
Basically NS slapped their hands and told them not to sell them so cheap i guess...i'd be interested to hear why they would do something like this from Vman...if i had to guess its because they only sell to authorized dealers and with them undercutting everyone so much nobody else was getting sales.

I cant complain though, they didnt have to and gave me like 15% off + a free wax...very excellent shop.
Price fixing is technically illegal, but many manufacturers write 'advertised price' clauses into distribution deals/contracts.

This is the reason why PS3/Xbox games cost exactly the same amount wherever you go in the USA. Manufacturers do it because it is in their best interests to keep competition among their retailers on a (more or less) even keep one retailer from gaining too much influence and using walmart-esque tactics on them and killing their profit margin
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote